TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Qty 2, 80 AMP, HPWC at Station Park in Farmington, Utah

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by Linux64, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Linux64

Linux64 Member

#1 Linux64, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Station Park is an outdoor shopping, dinning, entertainment destination about 18 miles north of Salt Lake City. One of the companies there, Pluralsight, installed a couple free public HPWCs operating at 80 AMPs (on three phase power, so the voltage is 208 to start with). They are listed on the Plugshare.

This is it:

IMG_20140930_174050.jpg

2. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Very cool. I hope more malls start doing this. It would be great for road trips. The only downside is that stopping at a mall with my wife is often more expensive than filling up at a gas station... ;)

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Yet another reason to order dual chargers...

4. Park2670

Park2670 Member

Very cool. I hope more places in Utah continue to to install more HWPC and J1772s.

5. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Malls make great places for HPWCs. Spend two hours there (which you can easily do even on a road trip, one hour shopping, one hour eating) and you've added 110 miles of range. Well worth the stop.

6. Scott

Scott Member

Delightfully surprised to see this on Plugshare yesterday. I was returning from a work trip in Sun Valley, Idaho when I realized my Tesla was going to be 2 'rated' miles short of making it home. I stopped for 20 minutes, stumbled into Lululemon while waiting and purchased two items. This was also my first time I stopped at Station Park Mall, I had no idea how fun it is.

Thank you Pluralsight for installing these.

7. KJD

KJD Member

Well done Station Park. Now if we could just get City Creek mall to get on board with this it would be even better.

8. C.r. Moorehead

I stopped and topped off here for a road trip south (there isn't a supercharger until Nephi) This is/was a great Idea for the owner of Pluralsight to have "dedicated Tesla parking" I spoke with a gentleman that worked for Pluralsight*(I was parked in the road charging and he asked if I wanted him to move one of the Pluralsight vehicles) I said no - I will only be here a few minutes. Nice people - but obviously a permanent parking spot and cool move for the owner's car and their "loaner" s60.