TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Qty 2, 80 AMP, HPWC Destination Charging at Station Park in Farmington, Utah

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Linux64, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Linux64

Linux64 Member

#1 Linux64, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Station Park is an outdoor shopping, dinning, entertainment destination about 18 miles north of Salt Lake City. One of the companies there, Pluralsight, installed a couple free public HPWCs operating at 80 AMPs (on three phase power, so the voltage is 208 to start with). They are listed on the Plugshare.

This is it:

IMG_20140930_174050.jpg

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Yet another reason to get dual chargers...

3. Killface

Killface Member

I got dual chargers, and it was in large part because of this exact HPWC. I have family just a mile or two from here that I visit once or twice a year. We're usually not there long enough to charge on a 110 outlet, but definitely have time to spend a couple hours at Station Park before I head south.

4. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

This is a great idea! The car icons painted on the ground are pretty nifty too.

I know the emphasis in the forum generally goes towards the Superchargers, but is there any big map showing HPWC locations? I think it's important to have backup fast (relatively) charging. I have seen HPWC available for use at Tesla service centers.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Plugshare results can be filtered to just show HPWC. Also the Tesla web site "find us" page has a map showing the destination charging program HPWCs in addition to store and service centers-- those are the small charging icons and the superchargers are the large icons.

6. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Whoa thanks!!!… I hadn't seen that map on the "Find Us" page.

Seeing all those clusters of small charging icons at hotels and stores is encouraging!