TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Qty 2, 80 AMP, HPWC Destination Charging at Station Park in Farmington, Utah

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Linux64, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Linux64

Linux64 Member

#1 Linux64, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Station Park is an outdoor shopping, dinning, entertainment destination about 18 miles north of Salt Lake City. One of the companies there, Pluralsight, installed a couple free public HPWCs operating at 80 AMPs (on three phase power, so the voltage is 208 to start with). They are listed on the Plugshare.

This is it:

IMG_20140930_174050.jpg

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Yet another reason to get dual chargers...

3. Killface

Killface Member

I got dual chargers, and it was in large part because of this exact HPWC. I have family just a mile or two from here that I visit once or twice a year. We're usually not there long enough to charge on a 110 outlet, but definitely have time to spend a couple hours at Station Park before I head south.

4. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

This is a great idea! The car icons painted on the ground are pretty nifty too.

I know the emphasis in the forum generally goes towards the Superchargers, but is there any big map showing HPWC locations? I think it's important to have backup fast (relatively) charging. I have seen HPWC available for use at Tesla service centers.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Plugshare results can be filtered to just show HPWC. Also the Tesla web site "find us" page has a map showing the destination charging program HPWCs in addition to store and service centers-- those are the small charging icons and the superchargers are the large icons.

6. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Whoa thanks!!!… I hadn't seen that map on the "Find Us" page.

Seeing all those clusters of small charging icons at hotels and stores is encouraging!