Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Québec has almost half of all the EV in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to this article
and autotranslated to English here (slow)

Almost half of all EV (46%) that are in Canada are in Québec. I guess the cheap electricity and $8000 cashback has something to do with this.

I have a chalet in a very small town 35 minutes from Ottawa and in the municipal building they have charging stations. The government is really making it easy for people to use electrical cars, very progressive !

That"s awesome. In 2020, Québec added 25,869 all electric vehicles. BC 40,013. The two provinces with the most incentives sees the most sales, I think they're on to something lol.

BC added 54 Hydrogen cars in 2020? I wonder what model they are. Are they provincial fleet vehicles?

I think they're on to something lol.
Bingo.

BC added 54 Hydrogen cars in 2020? I wonder what model they are. Are they provincial fleet vehicles?

@SylvainG good question. It's hard to imagine many private consumers actually wanting one, given the near-complete lack of infrastructure to support it. Maybe Toyota sold a few Mirai? LOL.