Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DO YOU WANT TO TEST DRIVE A TESLA?

There is no greater counter to the fear, uncertainty and doubt that can creep into the minds of someone considering a Tesla than this: EXPERIENCE ONE FOR YOURSELF!

For those in the Quad Cities, this typically means a road trip to one of the Tesla locations near Chicago. I would preach the electric vehicle gospel to anyone willing enough to stomach the speech that the trip up is well worth it just to see/sit in/touch/drive your Tesla vehicle of choice…
BUT for one day in August, Tesla Westmont is BRINGING THE TESLA VEHICLES TO US!!!

WHEN: THURSDAY, AUGUST 22ND from NOON to 5pm

WHERE: DAVENPORT SUPERCHARGER (Located by Hy-Vee 53rd and Utica)

Though I wish it could be on a different day and for longer, this only came about as the result of some creative thinking by the team at Westmont to utilize some time they’ll have before what appears to be a private event in the area. I don’t know any more about that private event but do know this… that’s still 5 full hours of Tesla test drives!

I wanted to get this info out as soon as I could so that anyone interested could take advantage of this window of opportunity. I actually won’t be able to make it for most of this (work), but do plan to try and stop up as soon as I’m off (my arrival guesstimate: @3:45pm).

HOW DO I SIGN UP???

Please email Aaron Nance at [email protected].

Let him know that you are wanting to test drive a Tesla on August 22nd in the QUAD CITIES. If you would let him know that you heard about this through Tesla Quad Cities, I would greatly appreciate it!**

There could be limited time slots available as they like to give each driver a good amount of time with their vehicle of choice so act fast! Please also help spread the word… tell those who you know will be interested!

I have a feeling that this event will be as big as we make it. Meaning if there is enough interest, the amount and type of Tesla vehicles coming down could likely grow. I also feel if we show that there’s enough interest from our area that this type of event will occur more often. Please keep in mind that there were two such events like this last year that were all day “drive events” with every type of Tesla…unfortunately, nearly the entirety of that group of amazing workers, many of whom I grew close to, were not spared in one of the rounds of layoffs and cutbacks that happened at Tesla. Therefore I think it’s up to us to show Tesla that local Quad City events were (and will be) absolutely worth their time!!! That the demand in this area is so astonishingly high they’re going to have to continue coming down here on regular basis, and keep on doing so until they finally establish a Service Center in the Quad Cities!

Please email Aaron Nance, spread the word and get others to email him as well! Feel free to ask me questions here and I’ll do my best to answer. Thank you kindly for your time!

**I want to be very clear here that I am not affiliated with Tesla and am simply a Tesla enthusiast that wants to help spread the word and get more people to experience these amazing vehicles. I am not getting anything for doing any of this. My referral code is not visibly posted here, or on my website, or on my business cards. If you are in need of a referral code, I would recommend you go with that of a family member’s, a friend’s or with someone that you feel helped you on your journey towards Tesla ownership.

Well, first off...awesome find and thanks for posting! I’ve added it to the events page of the website already.

https://www.teslaquadcities.com/events/national-drive-electric-week-davenport-ia

But unfortunately for me I’ll be out of town. I don’t think there’s any way I’ll be able to make it, though I’m desperately trying to think up a way to be there.

Super hype we have a local event but why did it have to be THAT weekend! Lol

Time to post on Instagram/Twitter!

Not sure I'll be able to make it to either one of those. There's more of us around than I'd known though, ran into my car's slightly older twin the other day, it seems we're just divided up between multiple online services. So hopefully word gets out.

My trip up to NW Iowa was successful. The way out was a little anxiety inducing with just a single long charging stop before travelling up into an area with very little charging. I was actually impressed at how well the car charged off a standard outlet given a couple of days. 50 miles of range for 10 hours still isn't great, but give it a weekend and a trip up there with a one-stop on the way back is doable. The last time I'd been reliant on a normal plug was in the winter before my 14-50 got installed, and I'm still not sure I'd trust it then.

Its also amazing just how quickly the Super Chargers work when you're just topping up. Its actually gotten to the point where they can be almost inconveniently quick. It'd be kind of nice to see some of the slower 'Urban' SCs pop up in the area.

Reactions: TQCLove
Copying this from above as tomorrow is THE DAY!!! I’ll be up at Hy-Vee around noon, likely wearing a black T-shirt with the Tesla Owners Club Iowa logo and driving my white Model 3. Hope to meet some of you there, flag me down and say hello!

Come experience a Tesla!!!

There is no greater counter to the fear, uncertainty and doubt that can creep into the minds of someone considering a Tesla than this: EXPERIENCE ONE FOR YOURSELF!

For those in the Quad Cities, this typically means a road trip to one of the Tesla locations near Chicago. I would preach the electric vehicle gospel to anyone willing enough to stomach the speech that the trip up is well worth it just to see/sit in/touch/drive your Tesla vehicle of choice…
BUT for one day in August, Tesla Westmont is BRINGING THE TESLA VEHICLES TO US!!!

WHEN: THURSDAY, AUGUST 22ND from NOON to 5pm

WHERE: DAVENPORT SUPERCHARGER (Located by Hy-Vee 53rd and Utica)

Though I wish it could be on a different day and for longer, this only came about as the result of some creative thinking by the team at Westmont to utilize some time they’ll have before what appears to be a private event in the area. I don’t know any more about that private event but do know this… that’s still 5 full hours of Tesla test drives!

I wanted to get this info out as soon as I could so that anyone interested could take advantage of this window of opportunity. I actually won’t be able to make it for most of this (work), but do plan to try and stop up as soon as I’m off (my arrival guesstimate: @3:45pm).

HOW DO I SIGN UP???

Please email Aaron Nance at [email protected].

Let him know that you are wanting to test drive a Tesla on August 22nd in the QUAD CITIES. If you would let him know that you heard about this through Tesla Quad Cities, I would greatly appreciate it!**

There could be limited time slots available as they like to give each driver a good amount of time with their vehicle of choice so act fast! Please also help spread the word… tell those who you know will be interested!

I have a feeling that this event will be as big as we make it. Meaning if there is enough interest, the amount and type of Tesla vehicles coming down could likely grow. I also feel if we show that there’s enough interest from our area that this type of event will occur more often. Please keep in mind that there were two such events like this last year that were all day “drive events” with every type of Tesla…unfortunately, nearly the entirety of that group of amazing workers, many of whom I grew close to, were not spared in one of the rounds of layoffs and cutbacks that happened at Tesla. Therefore I think it’s up to us to show Tesla that local Quad City events were (and will be) absolutely worth their time!!! That the demand in this area is so astonishingly high they’re going to have to continue coming down here on regular basis, and keep on doing so until they finally establish a Service Center in the Quad Cities!

Please email Aaron Nance, spread the word and get others to email him as well! Feel free to ask me questions here and I’ll do my best to answer. Thank you kindly for your time!

**I want to be very clear here that I am not affiliated with Tesla and am simply a Tesla enthusiast that wants to help spread the word and get more people to experience these amazing vehicles. I am not getting anything for doing any of this. My referral code is not visibly posted here, or on my website, or on my business cards. If you are in need of a referral code, I would recommend you go with that of a family member’s, a friend’s or with someone that you feel helped you on your journey towards Tesla ownership.

Had a great time yesterday! Thanks to everyone for coming out! :)
Going to post some pics...
3F0B492D-806E-4C1C-A03D-A47675633790.jpeg
A6759B02-436E-4801-AC26-B0107CB065CF.jpeg
595223BE-BD3D-4C1C-A369-B126672DE897.jpeg

Reactions: jgillispie