TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Quad City owners

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by jakeinator, Jun 15, 2017.

1. jakeinator

jakeinator Member

Quad-City owners,
    I have a Model 3 reservation, but I am considering a Model S possibly in near future instead.
    I am curious how experiences have been with service/issues on your cars with the service centers being 2+hrs away?
    Anything I should be aware of or watch out for?

Thanks,
    Jake
    (1st post now under my belt)

2. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

My parents are in the QC and bought a MS(Chicago inventory) last fall. It's been 7 months so far with the only issue being a stuck frunk latch. The offered to fix it here in town but I believe my dad plans on having it done on their next trip up to Chicago. They've been assured that because of the distance, Tesla will send a ranger out for any significant issues and bring a loaner if need be.

PS: I'm also a M3 reservation holder but debating on going to a CPO MS for the free supercharging and extra cargo space(among other things). I do a lot of road trips to the major metro areas and the SCing would add up quick.