TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Quality Control, is this acceptable?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kev1n, May 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kev1n

kev1n Member

my original steering wheel was replaced under extended warranty, it had very excessive fading/discoloring.

the following pictures are of the new one i got, it came with a line dent at the bottom, i asked them about it when i picked up the car and their answer was that the whole batch came like that from their manufacturer(~10 of them).

do you think this is acceptable? seems like they need to work out quality control with their manufacturer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  2. Venomboy

Venomboy Member

The sticking on mine near the inner bottom is pretty rough and uneven. I don't think your new wheel is acceptable.

3. MS16

MS16 Member

I would agree, that's not acceptable, even for a lower priced car. I'm surprised that even made it through QA.

• Like x 1
  4. Black/Black MS

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Maybe ask them for a free tshirt or something from the gift shop and call it even.

5. sitter_k

sitter_k Active Member

I'd be okay with that.

6. Sawyer8888

Sawyer8888 Member

My response would politely be, "That is your problem; not mine."

I would then schedule another service for a replacement. Before going back to the SC I would ask that the shipment be inspected prior to you coming in.

Some may find an indentation like this in their brand-new steering wheel acceptable; others including myself would not.

Some of my related issues:

According to my SC, the bumps and dents in the soft portion of the non-alcantera dash are a defect with all of these types of Tesla dashboards. They ordered two to replace mine and they were each worse than what I already had.​

The metal grate portion of the dash also had a dent in it upon delivery. Had it replaced and it too had a dent. I have already advised my SC that I will be bringing it in for a second replacement.​

If you're not happy, then have Tesla fix it. I certainly would.

• Like x 1