TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Quality Control, is this acceptable?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kev1n, May 25, 2017.

1. kev1n

kev1n Member

my original steering wheel was replaced under extended warranty, it had very excessive fading/discoloring.

the following pictures are of the new one i got, it came with a line dent at the bottom, i asked them about it when i picked up the car and their answer was that the whole batch came like that from their manufacturer(~10 of them).

do you think this is acceptable? seems like they need to work out quality control with their manufacturer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  2. Venomboy

Venomboy Member

The sticking on mine near the inner bottom is pretty rough and uneven. I don't think your new wheel is acceptable.

3. MS16

MS16 Member

I would agree, that's not acceptable, even for a lower priced car. I'm surprised that even made it through QA.

• Like x 1
  4. Black/Black MS

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Maybe ask them for a free tshirt or something from the gift shop and call it even.

5. sitter_k

sitter_k Member

I'd be okay with that.

6. Sawyer8888

Sawyer8888 Member

My response would politely be, "That is your problem; not mine."

I would then schedule another service for a replacement. Before going back to the SC I would ask that the shipment be inspected prior to you coming in.

Some may find an indentation like this in their brand-new steering wheel acceptable; others including myself would not.

Some of my related issues:

According to my SC, the bumps and dents in the soft portion of the non-alcantera dash are a defect with all of these types of Tesla dashboards. They ordered two to replace mine and they were each worse than what I already had.​

The metal grate portion of the dash also had a dent in it upon delivery. Had it replaced and it too had a dent. I have already advised my SC that I will be bringing it in for a second replacement.​

If you're not happy, then have Tesla fix it. I certainly would.

• Like x 1