Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality feedback for Model Xs delivered after April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Xtatic---

Great report. It took almost 6 weeks for you to receive your X from a nearby state.

I'm assuming you were caught up in the latch recall. Any other issues that SC mentioned that held up your vehicle?

X fan My husband was told by the DS that the car had entered production sometime between the last week of March and the first week of April. When the recall notice went out regarding the 3rd row seats we got a note letting us know that our car was going to have the new seats. Approximately two weeks after the car went into production we were told the car was ready to be shipped and was estimated to arrive in Seattle the weekend of 04/16 - 04/17 which indeed it did and was ready for us to take her home on 04/21 :) I noticed you are still waiting for yours. I hope you'll get her (or maybe him?) soon and that you'll get to enjoy the ride! Good luck =D

VIN 00026x / March 2016 build / Delivered 4/27/16

1. Front driver and passenger - Function is GOOD (seals...minor...see below).
2. FWD latch and functions - Right FWD rear glass hits body trim when parked on a nose-high incline (e.g. driveway). Glass breakage risk.
3. Seals around the car - Driver side window front seal "pops" out and is needs to be held with fingers to close properly. Random poor seal design elements (gaps, no "end caps" on chrome trim, etc).
4. Paint quality around the car - General swirls from poor washing at delivery, but basically OK. On par with something like a Chevy.
5. Wind noises or road noises if any - Lots of noise from driver window when seal not pressed while rolling up window (#3)
6. Ghost vision if any - None noticed.
7. Plastic panel lining - Generally good.
8. Wheel alignment - No noticeable issues.

Rear Glass about to hit chrome trim/body (parking on incline)

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

Lower right FWD trim being "pushed out" from impacting rearward trim (parking on incline)

IMG_1322.jpg

@Desmo999 Thanks for sharing your info with us. Your condition is very similar to mine. Just enjoy the car. It is what is it. We need to start enjoying the car rather than looking at the details. The most important thing is safety, as long as those are only surface cosmetic issues, we are not risking anything for safety. We are good.

Also if possible, people who got a delivery after April with near perfect condition. Please post some pictures of the seals around the car. Hopefully the seals are getting better and better each and every batch out.

@Desmo999 Thanks for sharing your info with us. Your condition is very similar to mine. Just enjoy the car. It is what is it. We need to start enjoying the car rather than looking at the details.

Maybe this is the real reason for autopilot.
Drive the car with your eyes closed so you don't have to look at any of the details of your $130k purchase.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtains
Nothing to see here, move along.

LOL

Maybe this is the real reason for autopilot.
Drive the car with your eyes closed so you don't have to look at any of the details of your $130k purchase.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtains
Nothing to see here, move along.

LOL

You know what? Cosmetic issues are least of my concern. My doors are acting up again. Both driver and passengers door failed to latch one after another in two days. I drove with my door open for 3 consecutive times in two day. Tomorrow I need a permanent fix!

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Drivin and cwerdna
You know what? Cosmetic issues are least of my concern. My doors are acting up again. Both driver and passengers door failed to latch one after another in two days. I drove with my door open for 3 consecutive times in two day. Tomorrow I need a permanent fix!

I don't understand how anyone could drive with their door open once much less 3 times.

Please Focus on safety for your sake and for the sake of other people on the road

I don't understand how anyone could drive with their door open once much less 3 times.

Please Focus on safety for your sake and for the sake of other people on the road

Your responds on this forum has little to no value at all. You need to purchase a Model X. Then you will be more than qualified to talk and to understand some miseries some owners here are going through.

• Funny
Reactions: Drivin

The only fix at this point is a new X (that you will get :) ).

Moreover and more importantly, I hope I don't miss asking anyone about the sunshade. Kind of busy with my Trendnet IP Camera, I bought it 8 months ago for $600 and now (since yesterday) it crashes whenever I change the port from 80 to something else. Even though their outsourced customer support is horrible, I still get a response whenever I send an email or call unlike my DS ):

• Funny
Reactions: tomsky and xkwizit
The only fix at this point is a new X (that you will get :) ).

Moreover and more importantly, I hope I don't miss asking anyone about the sunshade. Kind of busy with my Trendnet IP Camera, I bought it 8 months ago for $600 and now (since yesterday) it crashes whenever I change the port from 80 to something else. Even though their outsourced customer support is horrible, I still get a response whenever I send an email or call unlike my DS ):

At least the drone i just bought did not have any problems. It's the Phantom 4, love this thing!

• Disagree
Reactions: Drivin and vandacca
At least the drone i just bought did not have any problems. It's the Phantom 4, love this thing!

Is it easy to fly? I got the Phantom 3 earlier this year, flew it from my backyard (first flight) and less than 30 seconds the remote went out of range and the drone blew away. My house is on a hill and the drone landed somewhere in a avocado grove. I searched for hours but couldn't find it, lost $1k in 30 seconds.

I really want to get another one but I am worried that I will loose it again. But at this point I more importantly need a new DSLR and finally upgrade my T4i and I will probably sell my GoPro Hero 4 Black, I bought it but never really used it (like once) the quality is not sufficient indoors (low light).

But now I am trying to fix my 360 IP camera and get it back on ASAP, I was hoping I would never need such a security camera especially in Irvine but now days surveillance cameras and dash cams are a must. If I can't get it to work on a different port from 80, I will probably just disable port forwarding and just VPN into my home network whenever I need to access the camera, I guess that is also safer and more secure.

Anyways, not sure what this gotta to do with Model X quality but for the time being I got gigabit network installed at my house hopefully this will speed up the OTA updates of my Model X, when I take delivery (but I presume that 10 gig would be available by then)
1.jpg

Is it easy to fly? I got the Phantom 3 earlier this year, flew it from my backyard (first flight) and less than 30 seconds the remote went out of range and the drone blew away. My house is on a hill and the drone landed somewhere in a avocado grove. I searched for hours but couldn't find it, lost $1k in 30 seconds.

I really want to get another one but I am worried that I will loose it again. But at this point I more importantly need a new DSLR and finally upgrade my T4i and I will probably sell my GoPro Hero 4 Black, I bought it but never really used it (like once) the quality is not sufficient indoors (low light)...

The Phantom 4 is more difficult to lose this way because it has extra camera sensors that's used to monitor position when GPS signal is weak. I suspect that the drone hadn't yet locked into the GPS signal and it was confused about it's location and trying to stay in the same location while it was triangulating GPS signals, thereby "pulling" it away from you. Mine did that once.

Also, the Phantom 4 has the neat "follow-me" feature where you can identify your Model-X as the subject, and the drone will fly behind your X, filming as you drive.

Reactions: loganintx and K-MTG
You two started this thread, and even asked each other to help keep it going. Now you seem to be sticking your fingers in your ears singing "la la la la la" when some posts come online with some real issues.

Safety IS important. But so is a well constructed car. We all love Tesla, but they gotta work through these awful quality issues.

Keep this thread going so we can all hear what is happening. Don't silence your own thread by turning the conversation to drones.

Thanks.

You two started this thread, and even asked each other to help keep it going. Now you seem to be sticking your fingers in your ears singing "la la la la la" when some posts come online with some real issues.

Safety IS important. But so is a well constructed car. We all love Tesla, but they gotta work through these awful quality issues.

Keep this thread going so we can all hear what is happening. Don't silence your own thread by turning the conversation to drones.

Thanks.

You are absolutely right, can't argue with that

Thanks.

Sorry about that. We definitely miss the topic. Maybe we need drone to give us some fresh air since the quality of the Xs is making us so stressful.

STOP ALL DRONE TALKS! Let's get more people started discussing improvements or issues coming after April delivery!

Thanks

• Disagree
Reactions: Drivin
Sorry about that. We definitely miss the topic. Maybe we need drone to give us some fresh air since the quality of the Xs is making us so stressful.

STOP ALL DRONE TALKS! Let's get more people started discussing improvements or issues coming after April delivery!

Thanks

Yup, let's get back on topic and discuss sunshades....I mean quality after April :)

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: F123456 and itay