Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality feedback for Model Xs delivered after April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it easy to fly? I got the Phantom 3 earlier this year, flew it from my backyard (first flight) and less than 30 seconds the remote went out of range and the drone blew away. My house is on a hill and the drone landed somewhere in a avocado grove. I searched for hours but couldn't find it, lost $1k in 30 seconds.

I really want to get another one but I am worried that I will loose it again. But at this point I more importantly need a new DSLR and finally upgrade my T4i and I will probably sell my GoPro Hero 4 Black, I bought it but never really used it (like once) the quality is not sufficient indoors (low light).

But now I am trying to fix my 360 IP camera and get it back on ASAP, I was hoping I would never need such a security camera especially in Irvine but now days surveillance cameras and dash cams are a must. If I can't get it to work on a different port from 80, I will probably just disable port forwarding and just VPN into my home network whenever I need to access the camera, I guess that is also safer and more secure.

Anyways, not sure what this gotta to do with Model X quality but for the time being I got gigabit network installed at my house hopefully this will speed up the OTA updates of my Model X, when I take delivery (but I presume that 10 gig would be available by then)
View attachment 175183

Sorry to go off topic but what does the gigabit network do? Im moving into a large property. House is 4000 Sq ft and land property is 22000 Sq ft. Will the gig
I skimmed through a lot of these responses, so excuse any repetition. We received our X on March 7th. The biggest issue was the door latch. After a few attempts, it was finally fixed on April 26th. I live in the city, in a highrise. Parking is very tight and the driver door has repeatedly hit either my husband's car or the concrete post. I'm not sure why it's not sensing it. I have turned off the automatic door open due to being in the city and it could get dangerous. I chipped a little bit of the paint of the spoiler from opening the trunk in a garage, in the city, and it hit the ceiling/concrete sticking out. The only thing right now is the horn is not working and we're waiting for the part to get in. Overall we're happy with the X. The white interior has been a challenge with the kids and, though I love it, in retrospect, I may have decided to get black instead. We even got a rip in the seat. I've never had a rip in all the leather cars we've had before.

Can you please elaborate on how challenging it is with white interior And kids? I know it seems self-explanatory but I was under the impression that it is stain resistant. I know it would still be harder to maintain because it's white but is it hard to clean?

I have no vin yet and my black exterior, black headlinered vehicle would be just perfect with the white but I certainly do not want to regret having a terrible looking interior after a couple years of ownership especially with the price tag. This is the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased with my S being a second and that's black on black.

Thanks

Sorry to go off topic but what does the gigabit network do? Im moving into a large property. House is 4000 Sq ft and land property is 22000 Sq ft. Will the gig

I sent you a PM but a gigabit network simply means the speed of the network. A gigabit network allows super fast data transfers so it would take roughly 8 seconds to download 1 gigabyte on gigabit network.

Can you please elaborate on how challenging it is with white interior And kids? I know it seems self-explanatory but I was under the impression that it is stain resistant. I know it would still be harder to maintain because it's white but is it hard to clean?

I have no vin yet and my black exterior, black headlinered vehicle would be just perfect with the white but I certainly do not want to regret having a terrible looking interior after a couple years of ownership especially with the price tag. This is the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased with my S being a second and that's black on black.

Thanks
I have the same config as you have on S and after several days of going back and forth we went with white seats on the X. It's too early to say what they will look like in a couple of years but as of now they look gorgeous on the black X..daylight or night. My SO likes her selfies with the white seats.

There was a post early on in Jan about someone spilling coffee and it just wiped clean. I hope I don't have to experience that but I did notice that day to day scuffs wipe out pretty much with no effort. Will know more when we start the high school car pool next fall..keeping our fingers crossed o_O

• Informative
Reactions: Diavel
Delivered April 18 at DFW SC...

1. Doors latch fine, but have been unpredictable in the three firmware updates we have had since delivery. It >could< be user-error though on some of them.
3. No issues noted. The driver-side FWD is higher than the passenger one a bit.
4. When I had a clear-bra installed on the front, the installer showed me two blemishes on the clear-coat.
5. It's noisier on the highway than I expected :) Where is the noise-cancelling mode??
6. Is Ghost-vision where the reflection from the "roof" shows up?
8. I am in-discussion with Slacker.com technical support and my DS about how to turn off Explicit Lyrics. My 8 year old loves the Tesla, but her mother and I both gasped when we heard the explicit versions of her favorite songs.

I also had the front two windows tinted 30% to match the back windows. The front windows were MUCH warmer than the windshield.

20160506_224839.jpg
Awesome to hear. Please take pic of the slight misalignment pic if possible for us to compare. Thanks again.

The misalignment involves about 2mm of the leading edge of the FWD roof line, with the side door trim and handles well aligned. There is also a 2-3 mm misalignment of the spoiler in the retracted position which did not photograph very well.

All in all, I am very happy with the car and can overlook these minor issues, although I will be bringing them to the SC attention when I go in for my first service.

Thanks for report. I read somewhere that Tesla recognized issues with the white seats and there was going to be a free modification for owners. Did that get resolved for you? btw: where was the rip?

Wow, I didn't know this at all. It was next to where the back and side meet in one of the middle row seats. I will mention this to Tesla. Thanks

Thanks[/QUOTE]

My concerns are getting them dirty. I have yet to get them dirty actually, lol. But that's just it. I want our car to be family friendly and fun, but I've been hard on the kids about eating in the car, especially anything with colors.

Reactions: Diavel
Posted this on delivery site so apologize for re-post.

Significant front passenger noise (whistling)...thinking it might be coming from the small window cut out area. I believe someone had an idea on a possible fix. Can you please advise?

Update: checked the seal on passenger's side. It doesn't extend as much as driver's side and is much softer/looser. IMO: that is the problem, If you have excessive noise check that area.

Last edited:
We picked up our X on Friday. Only flaw is in the glass over the right FWD, which the DS told us about, and said they will replace for us in the future. Not noticeable unless you are looking up through it from the inside, and then you see little light circles where the tint inside the glass didn't spread out correctly. We are extremely happy with our car.

It was an Elon tweet. Someone tweeted that there was a rip in the white seats at the meet the X event and he responded with it was a problem and they were going to reinforce the material.
It was me, check link on my signature for details. I am very curious to hear more about issues with white seats. I ended up ordering then after assurance and emphasis of white being the best from Elon (see later tweets on the same link). He did mention stronger backing material will be retrofitted free of cost for impacted seats. Do you have the perforated seats, I believe so, please confirm.

I skimmed through a lot of these responses, so excuse any repetition. We received our X on March 7th. The biggest issue was the door latch. After a few attempts, it was finally fixed on April 26th. I live in the city, in a highrise. Parking is very tight and the driver door has repeatedly hit either my husband's car or the concrete post. I'm not sure why it's not sensing it. I have turned off the automatic door open due to being in the city and it could get dangerous. I chipped a little bit of the paint of the spoiler from opening the trunk in a garage, in the city, and it hit the ceiling/concrete sticking out. The only thing right now is the horn is not working and we're waiting for the part to get in. Overall we're happy with the X. The white interior has been a challenge with the kids and, though I love it, in retrospect, I may have decided to get black instead. We even got a rip in the seat. I've never had a rip in all the leather cars we've had before.
I am hopeful latest firmware updates have resolved or will soon resolve the nuisance with the self presenting doors. Please do share more details and pictures if possible (and probable cause?) of the rip in the ultra white seats. This has had me worried for a while now.

Holy Batman! What ISP gave you that? And what router is letting you pull off that OTA bandwidth? I'm jelly!

Holy Sunshade would be preferred

I got the Gigapower Service from AT&T so 1 gig up/down. The router is simply an AirPort Extreme (and I have 6 other AirPort Extremes that I use as access points) and I have a really nice switch from Netgear that allows all of my sunshade content to flow smoothly. The speed is helpful for all of my Dropcam's and plex (which is awesome) and other server features running on my Mac Mini.

I am hoping the faster speeds would speed up my OTA download for Tesla software updates and map updates. I got an access point in the garage so my network is ready