Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality of Model X deliveries - March 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our 90D yesterday at the Denver SC. Great delivery experience. A couple of small issues, slightly misaligned FWD's and a couple of small "Tesla" paint issues on the hood. One piece of chrome not seated properly by about 1/8". SC to take care of all in a couple of weeks. The hood I may even just ignore as I took it to the detailer and he said he should be able to correct before wrapping.

Otherwise the interior was great, no issues, really great fit and finish. I went in with my 5 page checklist hoping for the best but prepared for the worst and overall I'd say they did a really great job. No scratches or other issues. No body gaps either. A white MX was also being picked up and it looked to be in great shape as well.

My 90D was built the week following factory restart.

IMG_8377.jpg

Reactions: bushburner
All great info! I still haven't gotten mine back yet, today they finished the paint repair so normally I would get it back this afternoon or tomorrow but I decided to have it wrapped with xpel so now I'm estimated to get it back next Wed or Thurs. I'm looking forward to seeing if they were able to fix the FW door squeaking and rub spots but even more excited to try out the new AP2 features and higher speed auto-steer :D I'll post an update when I get it back!

This is all very helpful - or maybe stressful/helpful? We're picking up our X100D on Tuesday afternoon. Fingers crossed ours is without much incident!

All these comments of issues are worrisome. I don't know what to expect when the X arrives. We should not have to keep our fingers crossed when paying double what a typical luxury car costs. It should work perfectly. Thinking back on my other 8 cars, not a single one of them had an issue the whole time I owned them (typically about 7 years each). I am starting to think this Tesla is going to make up for all the other 7.

• Disagree
Reactions: Swift
X 90 d Delivered today at Devon,PA. I was very skeptical after following this site for last two months. Pleasantly surprised. Flawless car. Great experience with very attentive team that spent overy 90 minutes with us. Detailing was at or above previous experiences with Mercedes, BMW and Range Rover. 5 seater with new cargo floors. Very nice fit and finish. Wife went over everything with fine tooth comb.

Only negative was only having it for only 1 1/2 hours before detailer received it for full Xpel, coatings and tint! Can't wait to get it back in a week.

Tony

Had X 100D 5 seater delivered in Nashville today.
They run out of space on the due bill (thanks for the checklist!) but mostly misaligned trim and scratched plastic pieces, airflow via side vent on the drivers seat is nonexistent and left-most driver vent had reduced airflow too. A few scratches in the tint, both front and back. Creased seats, sticking out internal pieces, strange sounds from operating windows.
Ghosting in the windshield is pretty severe no matter what angle I am looking via it.
Detailing was nonexistent.
Got the new trunk panels with leather loops.
No loaner model X on hand and service is booked out so they can only even start looking at my car to fix stuff on Apr 10 the earliest.
Was asked for a copy of the checklist to improve further delivery experiences.
Delivery people were apologetic and nice.
no 8.1, installed so they only got it "Staged". Drove home 180 or so miles and no autopilot, cameras calibrating message if you try to engage it.

Also driving it is a blast, no idea how people can get rated miles on that thing! ;)

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Picked up my X 100 5 seater at Fremont today.

Very nice, smooth, quick process.

The staff accommodated my wish to get out as quick as possible: checked in at 1pm, out in 45 minutes after paperwork, inspections and abbreviated orientation (since I am familiar with the S already.)

I am very happy with all the quality, fit and finish.

I had a 200 mile trip home so I stopped at 100 miles for a break and the autopilot works after the break.

Very nice!

Thanks Tesla!

Reactions: NikeWings and EinSV
Need to add one item for the SC to fix... Developed FWD creak in the left door three days after delivery and about 10 openings of the door. From what it looks like, its a rub on the rear lift actuator and piece of trim. They have to adjust the alignment of the FWD's anyway, so one other item to do at the same time. Other than that, still incredibly happy with the vehicle, all other components and the interior are perfect. Crazy fast even in 90D garb.

My X 100D 5 Seater was delivered to me in Michigan on 3/29. Happy to say it has no issues! All the panels are aligned and no missing pieces. Haven't noticed any ghosting in the windshield either.
Kind of reminds me of becoming a parent for the first time; I was so excited to meet my new "bundle of joy" and marvel at how perfect it seems. Though I know there will be challenges and disappointments down the road (as I've had with every car), I intend to focus on enjoying the journey for what it is for as long as I have it.

Reactions: EinSV
My X 100D 5 Seater was delivered to me in Michigan on 3/29. Happy to say it has no issues! All the panels are aligned and no missing pieces. Haven't noticed any ghosting in the windshield either.
Kind of reminds me of becoming a parent for the first time; I was so excited to meet my new "bundle of joy" and marvel at how perfect it seems. Though I know there will be challenges and disappointments down the road (as I've had with every car), I intend to focus on enjoying the journey for what it is for as long as I have it.
Couldn't agree more. I have a couple very small issues, minor FWD alignment and a door creak, otherwise everything else is great. The fit and finish in the interior is superb. No rattles or sounds.

I can't tell you how many build issues I had with other manufacturers (Ford, Subaru, Pontiac back in the day). I'm also a bit mystified by some feeling the MX interior isn't luxurious enough. Having recently driven a Mercedes C350 (in which I wasn't impressed at all with the car), the MX is in my mind just as good as other luxury models.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV and iGuy
Had X 100D 5 seater delivered in Nashville today.
They run out of space on the due bill (thanks for the checklist!) but mostly misaligned trim and scratched plastic pieces, airflow via side vent on the drivers seat is nonexistent and left-most driver vent had reduced airflow too. A few scratches in the tint, both front and back. Creased seats, sticking out internal pieces, strange sounds from operating windows.
Ghosting in the windshield is pretty severe no matter what angle I am looking via it.
Detailing was nonexistent.
Got the new trunk panels with leather loops.
No loaner model X on hand and service is booked out so they can only even start looking at my car to fix stuff on Apr 10 the earliest.
Was asked for a copy of the checklist to improve further delivery experiences.
Delivery people were apologetic and nice.
no 8.1, installed so they only got it "Staged". Drove home 180 or so miles and no autopilot, cameras calibrating message if you try to engage it.

Also driving it is a blast, no idea how people can get rated miles on that thing! ;)

New trunk panel with leather loops??
Do you have pics?

Took delivery of my X90D on 3/29. Nearly perfect delivery! Driver's side FWDis creaking after a few days. One almost invisible dent on passenger side FWD. my sc will be fixing both. So far, I haven't missed my MS at all. This X seems more refined and better built then my MS. Self presenting doors alone are amazing. My son feels he's Marty McFly with the FWDs.

• Funny
Reactions: MTOman
Took delivery 7 days ago. Used the checklist and everything was pretty much perfect.

Yesterday both fwd started to make that creaking sound (during open a close) that is common. Not too big of deal but annoying.
I have just the drivers side creaking and it looks like a rub on one of the actuators (I can see a small scrape developing). When SC adjusts my alignment, hopefully they get this as well.