Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality of My New Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone is wondering or just wanted more info from different people. I got my M3 delivered on Sat. Did a whole car walk around inspection do to quality concerns mentioned in these forums. The paint is white and it was in very good condition besides some specs of stains that buffed out. (probably because it was on a delivery truck) They even painted the area between the door and the body, which some people say it was very thin or non-existing.

My M3 was built in the first week of June so I didn't know if it would have the USB-C ports and wireless charging pad. It does. The wireless pad is plugged in to the car using the usb-c port but it is very weak. This is the only wireless charging anything that "charges" my phone but my phone looks like it continues to drain power while on it.

The door puddle lights are installed and working but the light is very weak, foot well lights are there too.

Panel gaps... awesome over all. One door, the drivers side passenger door, that chrome trim is out of alignment, don't know if it's the whole door cause it is also out a little. (let me know if mobile service can fix that for me).

I don't get wind noise from the A pillar at high speeds. I am planning on fixing that myself. Haven't noticed noise from the glass roof yet.

Anything else people want to know just ask.

Congrats! OE door puddle lights and ambient interior lights are weak. Easy and simple upgrade with Abstract Ocean or similar eBay/Amazon light replacements.

A-pillar noise reduction for me was rubber tubing pressed into the fender/pillar gap. That helped a lot.