Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality of recent delivery VIN 250xxx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my LR Model Y in Multicoat Red, White interior. VIN 250xxx here in Canada.

I'm really impressed with how improved the quality of production is. This is my third Tesla, and I have an extreme eye for detail. I've spent the last 3 days looking over my car at home before I get it wrapped, and there was only one small small paint chip the size of a piece of dust - either from a rock during transport or possible some dust that got dislodged - on my hood. Also, there was a small scratch on the left rear wheel well plastic where you typically install a mud flap, but it's on the bottom of the car.

But besides these two items, the entire paint finish, panel gaps/alignment and interior were absolutely flawless. Nothing out of place, no swirls, no dust nibs, no scratches. Even the charge port door was flush. Absolutely impressive. Now mind you, I have only driven the car home from the delivery and kept it in my garage for a few days, but I'm assuming it operates as flawlessly as it appears.

When I got my Model 3 in 2018, it was a complete disaster. Dust nibs covered almost every panel, and the whole car had to be polished out. The rear bumper was scratched in 3 places and had to be repainted. Hood was misaligned.

Tesla has come a long way, and there is no question that the build quality has improved. Just giving you guys hope when you get your deliveries.

I received my LR Model Y in Multicoat Red, White interior. VIN 250xxx here in Canada.

I'm really impressed with how improved the quality of production is. This is my third Tesla, and I have an extreme eye for detail. I've spent the last 3 days looking over my car at home before I get it wrapped, and there was only one small small paint chip the size of a piece of dust - either from a rock during transport or possible some dust that got dislodged - on my hood. Also, there was a small scratch on the left rear wheel well plastic where you typically install a mud flap, but it's on the bottom of the car.

But besides these two items, the entire paint finish, panel gaps/alignment and interior were absolutely flawless. Nothing out of place, no swirls, no dust nibs, no scratches. Even the charge port door was flush. Absolutely impressive. Now mind you, I have only driven the car home from the delivery and kept it in my garage for a few days, but I'm assuming it operates as flawlessly as it appears.

When I got my Model 3 in 2018, it was a complete disaster. Dust nibs covered almost every panel, and the whole car had to be polished out. The rear bumper was scratched in 3 places and had to be repainted. Hood was misaligned.

Tesla has come a long way, and there is no question that the build quality has improved. Just giving you guys hope when you get your deliveries.
Good to hear they are improving when it comes to cosmetics.

Have they fixed the ride quality or cabin noise issues?

Can't wait to see my red MYLR... been waiting for 4+ months now...

Good to hear they are improving when it comes to cosmetics.

Have they fixed the ride quality or cabin noise issues?
I find the ride quality on my new Y to be better than the 2015 S I traded in for it. Same size tires as were on my S (19"), and my S was a coil suspension so it should be a decent comparison. The Y is much smoother over bumps and train tracks, yet still has some tautness to it in cornering - no body roll or mushiness. I hated the air suspension in any of the loaner Ses I've driven over the years, I would say the Y handles better through high-ish speed corners than any pre-Raven air suspension S. I haven't driven a Raven.

Cabin noise I find to be good, maybe a bit louder than my S which I attribute to a) the glass roof (my S had a body-coloured roof with Alcantara lining, which I assume absorbed a degree of road and wind noise) and b) no cover over the rear cargo area. I rarely drove my S without the cargo cover, but there was a big difference in cabin noise between having the cover in and out. Wind noise at the windshield, front door areas, and roof/windshield joint is very good on my car. The back seat is a bit louder which I think is related to my point (b).

Tire noise depends a lot on the road surface, and can go from silent to a pretty good roar on the same stretch of road with different pavement ages, so I think that's more of a tire thing than the car. There are probably quieter tires out there than the Contis that came on the car, but overall I find it similar to or slightly better than my old S.

I'm a 245XXX and I also think the build quality was great on pick up. I think cabin noise was louder than "normal" but I believe it's because the car itself is so quiet.
Agreed on your last point. Recently drove my June 2021 build M3 on the freeway, and we all commented on how quiet it is compared to our ICE car. I really think that the lack of engine noise really makes people think the car is loud on the road

Agreed on your last point. Recently drove my June 2021 build M3 on the freeway, and we all commented on how quiet it is compared to our ICE car. I really think that the lack of engine noise really makes people think the car is loud on the road
Nope. Try an EV from Audi or Porsche. Zero road noise.

It’s an insulation problem with Tesla’s in that they cheap out on it. At least in the 3/Y. The S/X are a bit better.

Reactions: elektrolyte