Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quarter end incentives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts on if Tesla would have any quarter end incentives with the Model Y this month? If so, what might they be?

I’m in no hurry to order but would do so if it meant getting a better deal.

They would only do incentives if they want to push inventory before the end of a quarter, for the Y's they have virtually no inventory to push... so no you shouldn't expect anything.
I don’t know, the wait for the Y on Tesla’s site is 2-4 weeks, which is the same as the Model 3. Makes me think supply has caught up with demand.

I would very much doubt that supply has caught up with demand. Local SC gets truckloads of MYs every couple of days and they disappear only to be replaced again with a new batch. I wouldn't expect any incentives for the MY currently. But as always, make sure to order your MY with a referral code.

Reactions: Reborn and CO_MY
I would very much doubt that supply has caught up with demand. Local SC gets truckloads of MYs every couple of days and they disappear only to be replaced again with a new batch. I wouldn't expect any incentives for the MY currently. But as always, make sure to order your MY with a referral code.
If supply is catching up to demand, it wouldn’t result in much of a building of inventory of delivered MYs. That fact you’re seeing such frequent deliveries, speaks to supply having caught up to demand.

With Tesla, supply will never go much higher than demand, but that doesn’t mean demand hasn’t fallen to their natural production capabilities or even below. If you can now get a MY 2 weeks after ordering, After 6 months of rushed production, it’s to be expected for most new makes imo.

I don’t know, the wait for the Y on Tesla’s site is 2-4 weeks, which is the same as the Model 3. Makes me think supply has caught up with demand.

I wouldn’t necessarily think that. Tesla has no obligation to deliver within the estimated delivery range. Tesla is certainly able to deliver many within that 2-4 week window but it’s absolutely clear that not so many orders have gone well past the estimates in the past few months. My take on it is that the delivery estimate was lowered because they focus on domestic deliveries only at the end of a quarter and probably the majority of orders will be delivered in time, but they likely know a very large number will not be delivered on time and they have simply used the lowered delivery estimate as another means to increase demand to juice the numbers. Their target demographic includes impulsive buyers and the longer the time to estimated delivery, the less likely they will order. It’s not like Tesla hasn’t been caught doing crappy stuff like this before.

I was at the service center on Friday and I asked about inventory Performance Model Y’s and they had 4 available, three whites and a grey one. No discounts available though but cars are immediately available now. Unfortunately all have black interiors or I might seek some immediate gratification.