TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Quatro?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by PhilBa, Sep 19, 2013.

1. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Sweet little article from CNBC. With the ADK guys talking about getting Pizza from Tesla owners.

But, here's the most interesting thing (to me, anyway): "When the fourth of the stations that ADK is constructing is completed, a driver will be able to travel the Pacific Northwest route from Canada to California without fuel."

Hmmm, I count 3 done. Where is the fourth one? Or is it 4 more?

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#2 brianman, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Hehe re: pizza. :)

Partial retrospective for entertainment purposes only:
    Somewhere around here I got contact information which led me to Todd. I had a nice chat with him. Initially he seemed a bit uncomfortable, and then I think I "heard a smile" as he understood what I was asking for and planning.

3. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Somewhere in Douglass county.

4. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

OK, but based on the Fall 2013 map, there are 4 grey dots on the West Coast SC route (i.e. I5). 2 in southern Oregon and 2 in northern California. So, thinking about it more, I am pretty sure they are talking about 4 more, not one more since it doesn't complete the I5 corridor. And that completely ignores Ellensburg, WA and "Detroit Lake" which are also in the Fall 2013 group. So there are 3 possible interpretations of that statement:

• one more SC in OR.
    • 4 more SCs on I5 in OR and CA.
    • 4 more SCs in WA/OR (I don't know if ADK does work in CA but based on their distance comments, I'd say no).

For the record, it looks to me like Sutherlin/Roseburg and Medford/Ashland are the two southern Oregon ones. We can even get down to specific exit numbers for those. There really aren't that many that meet the publicly stated SC site criteria.

5. Edgewood Dome

Edgewood Dome Member

See the thread on Oregon Superchargers. ADK applied for a Tesla Supercharger installation permit today at the Holiday Inn in Springfield. Address is:
    919 Kruse Way
    Springfield, OR

6. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

I wonder if they would let us know when work will start in Ellensburg. I would throw in couple buckets of chicken to find out.

7. ADK Electric

ADK Electric Member

#7 ADK Electric, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    There's one starting in Ellensburg? Hmm, we may have to look into that...

This we can confirm. Permit 811-SPR20123-02117 has been filed for 8-200amp or less services.

8. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Here you go.

1291557_450_450_0_0_fit_6_e4fd527a70e98285d5cebaffb4cb790d.jpg 2383195772_c560c2f3a7.jpg

9. ADK Electric

ADK Electric Member

10. ThortsMD

ThortsMD Member

Can't wait for that Ellensburg SC. I'm heading to the Richland area next weekend to pick up some wine grapes in my S. Thanks to ChadS, I can make it borrowing his Roadster adaptor. Please put in the Ellensburg charger before the snow gets too deep and I-90 is covered in gravel. I have lots of spots in E. Wa to explore....

<end /whine> wine?