Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quatro?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PhilBa

Apr 20, 2013
Seattle
Sweet little article from CNBC. With the ADK guys talking about getting Pizza from Tesla owners.

But, here's the most interesting thing (to me, anyway): "When the fourth of the stations that ADK is constructing is completed, a driver will be able to travel the Pacific Northwest route from Canada to California without fuel."

Hmmm, I count 3 done. Where is the fourth one? Or is it 4 more?

Hehe re: pizza. :)

Partial retrospective for entertainment purposes only:
Assuming the crew is less than 10 people, can you let them know I'll buy them pizza for lunch on July 8th if Centralia is online by then?
I guess I better start talks with Domino's....
Whoever stops by Centralia next, see if you can get a number so I can coordinate with the senior person at the site. Seriously, I'll send some pizzas.
Thanks for the update. Did you get a feel for (or ask about) how many members in the crew were working on the Centralia location?
6 guys were there at that time (+/-) a supervisor.
Anyway, super awesome to see how quickly they're getting this one up! Get those guys some pizza brianman!
Hey I'll spot you a 10 or 20 for this mission.
Hopefully they're eating pizza. ;)
Somewhere around here I got contact information which led me to Todd. I had a nice chat with him. Initially he seemed a bit uncomfortable, and then I think I "heard a smile" as he understood what I was asking for and planning.
Todd Nielson said:
They will be onsite Monday- Wednesday next week.
This is a local pizza restaurant that will deliver to the site. The crew will be a maximum of (5) guys next week.
It would probably be helpful if I could give the crew a heads up so they are aware that pizza is coming so they don’t leave the site for lunch.
I would think (1) large combination and (1) large pepperoni would be plenty.
Current plan is Tuesday, July 2nd for the pizza.
I'll be stopping by on Tuesday. I will ask them how then enjoyed them.
Delivery scheduled for noon. So 12:45 is prolly best. :)
The workers there were under the impression that Brianman was going to deliver pizzas to the Centralia workforce today in person (he told me around 2:30), and I waited until 3:45, but no Brianman. I was looking forward to taking photos of that! :wink:
See any pizza boxes nearby?
I didn't deliver. PJ's did/should-have at noon.
I scheduled with the pizza place at noon. Sounds like they didn't deliver (no pun intended). Guess I have to make the "wtf" phone call tomorrow. :(
Brian, if pizzas were delivered, the chargers would be ready for our drive to TESLIVE. :)
I second the WTF call.
Todd Nielson said:
It’s my understanding that pizza was delivered.
Heard back from one of my contacts with the crew. The pizza was delivered. All is well. :)
Todd Nielson said:
Wade came in late last night and said he forgot to send over a thank you. He asked that I’d let you know that they really appreciated the pizza.

Last edited:
Sweet little article from CNBC. With the ADK guys talking about getting Pizza from Tesla owners.

But, here's the most interesting thing (to me, anyway): "When the fourth of the stations that ADK is constructing is completed, a driver will be able to travel the Pacific Northwest route from Canada to California without fuel."

Hmmm, I count 3 done. Where is the fourth one? Or is it 4 more?

Somewhere in Douglass county.

OK, but based on the Fall 2013 map, there are 4 grey dots on the West Coast SC route (i.e. I5). 2 in southern Oregon and 2 in northern California. So, thinking about it more, I am pretty sure they are talking about 4 more, not one more since it doesn't complete the I5 corridor. And that completely ignores Ellensburg, WA and "Detroit Lake" which are also in the Fall 2013 group. So there are 3 possible interpretations of that statement:

• one more SC in OR.
  • 4 more SCs on I5 in OR and CA.
  • 4 more SCs in WA/OR (I don't know if ADK does work in CA but based on their distance comments, I'd say no).

For the record, it looks to me like Sutherlin/Roseburg and Medford/Ashland are the two southern Oregon ones. We can even get down to specific exit numbers for those. There really aren't that many that meet the publicly stated SC site criteria.

I wonder if they would let us know when work will start in Ellensburg. I would throw in couple buckets of chicken to find out.

There's one starting in Ellensburg? Hmm, we may have to look into that...

See the thread on Oregon Superchargers. ADK applied for a Tesla Supercharger installation permit today at the Holiday Inn in Springfield. Address is:
919 Kruse Way
Springfield, OR

This we can confirm. Permit 811-SPR20123-02117 has been filed for 8-200amp or less services.

Last edited:
I would throw in couple buckets of chicken to find out.

Here you go.

1291557_450_450_0_0_fit_6_e4fd527a70e98285d5cebaffb4cb790d.jpg
2383195772_c560c2f3a7.jpg

Can't wait for that Ellensburg SC. I'm heading to the Richland area next weekend to pick up some wine grapes in my S. Thanks to ChadS, I can make it borrowing his Roadster adaptor. Please put in the Ellensburg charger before the snow gets too deep and I-90 is covered in gravel. I have lots of spots in E. Wa to explore....

<end /whine> wine?