Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quebec and Federal Incentives - When moving to Canada, when can I order?

BratuS

Apr 16, 2021
Montreal QC
Oh that’s awesome, so no worries selling to anyone from Quebec? Just to make sure

will see if I can find something about the federal
Buy you must keep it at least some years to avoid some penalties. And keep in mind that you must pay it full less federal incentive, and request to “Gouvernement du Quebec” the other amount up to 8000$.

Reactions: GhostSkater

GhostSkater

May 22, 2021
Brazil
Buy you must keep it at least some years to avoid some penalties. And keep in mind that you must pay it full less federal incentive, and request to “Gouvernement du Quebec” the other amount up to 8000$.
Will look into it

Penalties I'm fine, what will be a deal breaker is say in two years I leave Canada and have to give one or both the incentives back, even selling the car in the same province

Goodtohave

Mar 16, 2019
Canada
No sell in the same province all good.

But the reality is all the leases and financing are designed for 5yrs plus, even up to 8yrs so buying new and selling in 2 yrs will be costly.

GhostSkater

May 22, 2021
Brazil
No sell in the same province all good.

But the reality is all the leases and financing are designed for 5yrs plus, even up to 8yrs so buying new and selling in 2 yrs will be costly.
Good point, once I'm a bit there I will see how much I can afford per month and go from there, I actually expect to be there way more than 2 years, but you never know

Goodtohave

Mar 16, 2019
Canada
Buying and selling a new car after 2 yrs is not a great idea, first off you are looking at a 15% sales tax lost right away. Financing is set up for a longer term and is not flexible.

Reactions: GhostSkater

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC