TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Quebec EV Rebate

Discussion in 'Canada' started by zissou, Aug 20, 2018.

1. zissou

zissou Member

After delivery of the model 3, I filled all the forms on the website and got approved for the EV rebate (car and charger). Anyone knows the timeline to get the money, is it part of the tax return, or do they mail a cheque at some point?

2. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

It's a check. You'll also receive a form at a later date. From my understanding, most people can ignore the form, but in some cases the amount of the rebate is taxable if the car is registered to a business.

3. Pescakl1

Pescakl1 Member

Hi,

Does this mean Tesla does not fill the paperwork and request the rebate for you?
    So, we need to pay the full amount and get the rebate later (plan an extra 8000$ at pick up)?

Is this the case for Tesla as I know other manufacturers do the paperwork for you and apply the rebate right away on the amount we have to pay?

How much time in average does it take to receive the rebate cheque?

PS: sorry if that has been discussed before...

4. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Unfortunately, Tesla has stopped doing the paperwork and crediting customers the rebate amount. I think it happened 8-12 months ago.

Someone with recent experience would have to comment on how long it took to receive the rebate check.

• Informative x 1
  5. Pgt1911

Pgt1911 Member

For the rebate, the governement say 4 to 6 weeks but in real it's more 6 to 8 weeks usualy.
    For the paperwork, Tesla can't do it anymore. For asking the rebate you need to have a Quebec adress, The adress of Tesla is in California, USA.
    Remember, Tesla have service center, not dealer.

• Informative x 1