Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quebec Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been browsing the forum, been on reddit, looked everywhere and it seem everyone talking about VIN and Delivery in Ontario... and nothing about Quebec (in Canada that is).

I have my VIN and I know many others have it too in the provinces, but since then...nothing. We'll it's not true, we had one email telling us more email would come and to be patient.

Anyhow, I figured we might as well create a thread for us. To keep us up to date on what's going and have an idea of what's next.

I still have hope we'll get delivery by the end of may or first week of June (so around 8-9 weeks wait total). What's weird is, I've been waiting more than 2 year just fine. But the last few weeks seem to be worst than the 2 years before. I guess it's similar to when you wait for Christmas as a kid.

Reserverd Online : March 31th 2016
Ordered Online : March 28th 2018
VIN : May 7th 2018
Delivery : Uknown

Ordered :
Tesla Model 3 LR
Premium
No Autopilot
18in wheels

Count me in this bunch, I had the email to advise me to get ready, but so far nothing more has arrived.

100% agree on this part of the wait being the worst.

I also tried contacting the store directly see if we could get going on the financing and trade in but alas I've just been told to check the website and it would pop up there.

I'm really hoping someone, somewhere has some info about what the timeline we can expect in Montreal. So far BC and Ontario seem to be getting more informations than us.

Small update, I got an email last night from the Montreal store to say that they are expecting delivery at the beginning of next month so no chance of a May delivery. Shipping to NS will add another couple of days.

The unnamed sales person indicated that they had unlocked the financing section on my profile, but it still lists me as paying in cash so I'm not able to start the financing paperwork yet.

Small update, I got an email last night from the Montreal store to say that they are expecting delivery at the beginning of next month so no chance of a May delivery. Shipping to NS will add another couple of days.

The unnamed sales person indicated that they had unlocked the financing section on my profile, but it still lists me as paying in cash so I'm not able to start the financing paperwork yet.

Ok, start of June isn't all that bad. Did you contact them or they sent you this emails out of the blue ?

Ok, start of June isn't all that bad. Did you contact them or they sent you this emails out of the blue ?

I emailed them after their first contact brought no follow up emails after a few days as I wanted to start the financing paperwork.

They also advised that a trade-in would add a few days to the delivery date and also told me that I'd get much more selling private.

I emailed them after their first contact brought no follow up emails after a few days as I wanted to start the financing paperwork.

They also advised that a trade-in would add a few days to the delivery date and also told me that I'd get much more selling private.

Alright! I'll wait and see if I get any news soon. I just removed the trade in from my profile. Everyone seem to say they make very low offer, no need to push delivery for that.

Quick question- do you have your VIN? I have mine since May 7 and find it hard understand why it would take 5 weeks to get a truck to Mtl while they are already getting 100s to Toronto (yes - I am getting impatient).
Yes, I've had a VIN for about a week or so.

I agree it seems strange that Toronto are getting hundreds and Montreal have to wait till the end of the month but it could be related to incentives in that province. However coming from a province that doesn't give any incentives at all i'm not too please to wait 3 weeks longer for people who are getting thousands off the cost of their car.

I did the same thing, seems a waste of time if it slows things down and they're already preparing me for a low ball offer.

Alright. Good news is I checked my account tonight again and financing got unlock. So I junoju on it and submitted all my information right away.

Bad news is my VIN disapeadisa, but I'm thjnthin it's probably a glitch drom the website.

So you guys might want to check your account. Early June is still on!

VIN also disapeared for me. I fear that they may have send our car to Toronto and that we are in for a longer wait...

I doubt it, on the the other thread people from Toronto with delivery scheduled lost their VIN too.

I remember something similar happening a few weeks back in the USA. If it was because we actually lost our cars I doubt they would have unlocked financing for me.

This is a rather personal question but I wonder if any of the new owners could give us an example (General) of what their cars are costing in their personal configurations. We are a couple years away but are wondering if we will be able to afford a model 3 or if we should continue to consider a 2020 long range leaf.

Thanks all.

This is a rather personal question but I wonder if any of the new owners could give us an example (General) of what their cars are costing in their personal configurations. We are a couple years away but are wondering if we will be able to afford a model 3 or if we should continue to consider a 2020 long range leaf.

Thanks all.
The car you can order today is $72k + tax & delivery.

$45,600 Base Car
$11,900 Long Range
$6600 Premium Upgrade
$6600 Enhanced Auto Pilot
$1300 Paint (if you want anything other than black)

It is an expensive car, but for us we needed a new car anyway and this payment over 84 months was almost identical to a gas vehicle + cost of gas per month.

Thanks all.

I took this option, giving me a price of 65 400$+taxes+fee

$45,600 Base Car
$11,900 Long Range
$6600 Premium Upgrade

I'm working right now on financing because I think the interest rate they gave me is a tad high and want to check my options, but right now they quoted 894$/month for 84 months. Considering I'm putting around 300$ worth of gaz per month and I pay 350$ for my current car (a Ford Fiesta), it's more expensive but not that much to own a bigger car (that we needed anyway) and a Tesla. If you wait for the base model, it could because similar to owning an ICE.

The car you can order today is $72k + tax & delivery.

$45,600 Base Car
$11,900 Long Range
$6600 Premium Upgrade
$6600 Enhanced Auto Pilot

It is an expensive car, but for us we needed a new car anyway and this payment over 84 months was almost identical to a gas vehicle + cost of gas per month.

Can I know the interest rate they gave you. I applied yesterday for 84 months and they came back with 4.14%, which I find a bit high. I want to see if it's the usual rate or if I have some room to negotiate.