Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quebec winter delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who took delivery in Winter in Quebec, what is the strategy? In Quebec, there is a law that we have to put on winter tires by end of November.

Getting the delivered in Montreal (im from Ottawa) is presenting a dilemma. Do I bring winter tires and have them put them on? What did you do?

Montreal seems to be too busy to install Winter tires, even if you buy them from Tesla.

I would share your concerns about driving on the 3-seasons. Imagine someone with the Summer performance tires on the P3D+.

Apparently, they're referring people to a 3rd-party mobile tire vendor that will install for you in Tesla's lot.

I share your concern. If I get my car delivered this month as expected, I will have an issue leaving the lot on summer tires (Model 3 Performance). The Gemini wheels/tires combo is currently sold out, and KAL Tire just told me they have nothing. Tesla won't install tires from another company, even if I managed to bring my own. A mobile tire vendor would be ideal - taking delivery in Oakville at the moment.

Maybe home delivery is an option for me. I'll inquire.

I got more info and its really not a good idea to take the road without winter tires. In Quebec there is a law and if something happens, you are liable.

I will ask for home delivery if possible and I have read that Tesla service center sells Michelin X-ice so will ask if that is also possible.

Montreal seems to be too busy to install Winter tires, even if you buy them from Tesla.

I would share your concerns about driving on the 3-seasons. Imagine someone with the Summer performance tires on the P3D+.

Apparently, they're referring people to a 3rd-party mobile tire vendor that will install for you in Tesla's lot.

If they do that, it would work for me. I can show up with winter tires and someone there can install them.

I got more info and its really not a good idea to take the road without winter tires. In Quebec there is a law and if something happens, you are liable.

I will ask for home delivery if possible and I have read that Tesla service center sells Michelin X-ice so will ask if that is also possible.

i'm not saying that it is a good idea to drive without winters but, according to their website, you have a grace period of a week
"The winter tires requirement does not apply: ... for the first 7 days following the purchase of a vehicle from a dealer"​
... i think it used to be two weeks as reported by antoinearnau but that seems to have changed.

Reactions: Monduiz
So, I talked to my Tesla rep and they cant deliver the car if I live in Gatineau. Ottawa they deliver to your home but not if you live in Gatineau. So I have to pick it up in Montreal.

For the tires, they are too busy to do anything about that and he said I would be fine driving with them, I have ten days to change them. Also, he said if I really want to get that done same day to schedule Mobile Tires to do it on the lot if I bring my tires.