Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queensland Electric Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jesus, Ray, I nearly put my neck out looking at that. Couldn't you have stood on your head for that happy snap?

Upside down pics don’t bother me nearly as much as vertical video
8327C331-4C5F-4F1C-920C-D19447BCAE9E.gif

I just happened to fly into Coolangatta today so had a chance to check for myself. It’s definately CCS Type 2. Yippie, another win for Type 2, (BMW, are you listening?).

PlugShare updated.

View attachment 259016
View attachment 259017

That is interesting that it's Type 2. Looking at PlugShare there's only one CCS category - and the symbol is Type 1.

IMG_1373.jpg

And for the record, Byron Bay Library is definitely Type 1 despite the Type 2 sticker.

IMG_7169.JPG

Looking at PlugShare there's only one CCS category - and the symbol is Type 1.

Australia is the only country with a mix of CCS1 and CCS2, it wouldn't be worth the effort for PlugShare to split them into two categories.

And their icon for Tesla Superchargers/HPWCs are wrong outside of North America/Japan too. When they get around to fixing that perhaps they'll have region-specific CCS icons too.. :D

I just happened to fly into Coolangatta today so had a chance to check for myself. It’s definately CCS Type 2. Yippie, another win for Type 2, (BMW, are you listening?).

PlugShare updated.

View attachment 259016
View attachment 259017

It was Type 1. It has been swapped out for a Type 2 now. So, likely the wrong connector was fitted by Tritium and they have now rectified.

Andrew Wilson at UoQ advises that the Veefil and Tesla chargers at Gatton are to be listed as part of the Electric Highway, but UoQ retains full ownership and conditions of use of that charger will not change. Hopefully, this means that it will remain free of cost even after the Gov ones go to a "user pays" basis.

Reactions: LGGD
Andrew Wilson at UoQ advises that the Veefil and Tesla chargers at Gatton are to be listed as part of the Electric Highway, but UoQ retains full ownership and conditions of use of that charger will not change. Hopefully, this means that it will remain free of cost even after the Gov ones go to a "user pays" basis.

I wonder if Mennekes Type 2 sockets will be added to bring it into conformance with the rest of the network.