Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queensland Electric Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice if the ChadeMo charge adapter dropped a bit in price too :)) I don't hink the "super highway" will remain free for very long either, as evidenced with the RAC in W.A. Anyhow, I can wait on Tesla to exapnd until I motor too far "oop North"

Tesla Bjorn was reporting on a system in Norway where businesses that host ChadeMo chargers also hold adaptors for use by Tesla drivers. Of course would only be during regular opening hours. I don't know how the economics of this would work out at $500 per adaptor.

Or Tritium could simply fit a Tesla compatible Type 2 50kW DC cable to their chargers as standard - especially considering Tesla is likely to be the most numerous EV sold in Australia for the forceeable future.
Nissan now has a chance to deliver a lot of RHD next gen leafs next year whilst 3 is only in US. Will be interesting to see how next year goes. Not sure when Nissan will hit 200k deliveries in US but looks like Tesla will hit it in Jan so full $7500 should end for them in sep 18, incentive for other manufacturers to delay hitting 200k in US so they can target Q4 19 or latter.

Anyone in Cairns who can check if it's actually CCS type 2? I'm hoping it is, might force the type 2 cause with manufacturers. At this stage, the only CCS vehicle in the country is the BMW i3, and its Type 1, perhaps there could be a NZ style retrofit!

It's CCS 2 - I asked tritium in the comments. Tritium Pty Ltd

"the charger already installed in Cairns is Type 2, but a final decision is yet to be made for the rest of the installation."

Anyone in Cairns who can check if it's actually CCS type 2? I'm hoping it is, might force the type 2 cause with manufacturers. At this stage, the only CCS vehicle in the country is the BMW i3, and its Type 1, perhaps there could be a NZ style retrofit!

I'm in Cairns but I can see pictures on plugshare already from someone?
Glad that the government has finally pulled the fingers out of their asses. Will be done just in time for my Model 3 >D

Anyone know if the CSS charger is 100kw or 50kw? And what speed is the Chedemo?

Last edited:
This is the original quote from a Senior Development Engineer at Ergon: (but, what the hell, the more locations the merrier, I say)

"In terms of location, the network will run from Cairns to Toowoomba, with individual fast charging sites located approximately every 100km at major regional centres or towns along the way where Ergon Energy has depots. Actual site locations haven’t yet be determined as will involve discussions with stakeholders, such as councils and state government.

In terms of timing,first installs are expected to occur in late 2017 and take approximately 12 months to do all the installs we are planning along the route to achieve connectivity.

With regards to cost, we can’t provide any information at this stage as we are currently going through a tender process and negotiation with vendors."

Some interesting info re the locations in the article below, hopefully the Townsville site will get sorted also.

Region's first electric recharge station revealed

Great information there @415xxx - the article mentions Gold Coast Airport which is not on this similar list I have:

IMG_3060.PNG