Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queensland Electric Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they're all at least two stalls? I'm currently in TAS on a road trip where I ran into several single stall chargers that were occupied at my time of arrival. I spent far too much time driving in the dark to get to the next stop because of that.

Still driving to Palm Cove in July - just won't be counting on making it to a specific place at a specific time...

I actually checked that one out on the weekend. I didn't have a reason to charge, so must have looked odd doing a lap of the carpark. I wondered if that announcement was talking about that one, but it has Stanwell rather than Yurika branding.
Yeah from my understanding is that the council organized this charger. It was free last time i used it but i think since then you tap your credit card?

Reactions: strykeroz
Mate of mine has been driving his first EV home from Brisbane to Port Douglas since Monday. He’s almost reached Townsville. It’ll be weird if the heavily trafficked coastal route still only has one DC charger per site when the inland routes are getting two per site!

different contract unfortunately. a charger in use is like a death sentence for long haul travel on the bruce highway. literally sets you back by 90min or more.

different contract unfortunately. a charger in use is like a death sentence for long haul travel on the bruce highway. literally sets you back by 90min or more.
I had my mate plot waypoints in Tesla Nav. Ignore the next charger, maybe the one after, add the following 2. Look at arrival percentages. Charge one stop before he has to. Press on if it’s occupied.

Not a great start making an Uber driver range anxious, but it is what it is.

Looks like they are now using Tritium RTM units and seemingly a different AC unit (looks taller and narrower than the Schneider EVLink units used previously).

Seems to be a Siemens AC unit

Chargefox reporting the DC unit at 75kW and now Open

I had my mate plot waypoints in Tesla Nav. Ignore the next charger, maybe the one after, add the following 2. Look at arrival percentages. Charge one stop before he has to. Press on if it’s occupied.

Not a great start making an Uber driver range anxious, but it is what it is.
And this morning he freaked out at Cardwell (it’s been offline a while but it isn’t greyed out on the map as the AC one is online). But he had 41%. Then he couldn’t get Tully to work without an e-stop reboot. That was at 28%. I stepped him through it, for the 2nd time this week, and then he had app issues so I authenticated the charger from my phone in QBN. No worries after that. He disconnected and authenticated himself after 3kWh on my account.

He’s had the M3P for less than 3 days & was still on his way home to Port Douglas. Feels like airing dirty laundry, going through so much grief so soon.

Reactions: MC3OZ
And this morning he freaked out at Cardwell (it’s been offline a while but it isn’t greyed out on the map as the AC one is online). But he had 41%. Then he couldn’t get Tully to work without an e-stop reboot. That was at 28%. I stepped him through it, for the 2nd time this week, and then he had app issues so I authenticated the charger from my phone in QBN. No worries after that. He disconnected and authenticated himself after 3kWh on my account.

He’s had the M3P for less than 3 days & was still on his way home to Port Douglas. Feels like airing dirty laundry, going through so much grief so soon.
I live on the Sunshine Coast, driving north is much more challenging than driving south.

Good coverage on the coast north from Brisbane to Cairns will be great when we have it.

More destination charging, even paid destination changing would be great. Allowing sites to charge for destination charging is a great innovation that should spur adoption.

I am planning Canberra - Cairns - Canberra over 3 weeks in September (M3 LR) - sounds like I could be in for some interesting times north of Brisbane :eek:. Don't have a particularly rigid itinerary, and will be camping along the way so will remain quite flexible with places to stop - hopefully this will take the pressure off somewhat. On that note, what are caravan parks attitudes towards powered camp sites and EVs generally? I imagine some wouldn't be too happy if you used 50kWh over a one night stay!

On that note, what are caravan parks attitudes towards powered camp sites and EVs generally I imagine some wouldn't be too happy if you used 50kWh over a one night stay!

That would be a 14 hour charge at max 15A. If they have crappy pricing, it might cost them $15 ($0.30/kwh). If it became a regular thing, they could slightly increase all pricing, or 'if you intend to charge EV' pricing. No big deal in the long run.