Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queensland EV Charging Infrastructure Scheme

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These locations make me laugh. I checked Bowen, Townsville, Mackay and Cairns. They have to be the worst locations ever. Nowhere near the highway. Huge detours required for charging. Is the QLD government taking the piss?

Townsville for example. Vincent and Burdell? What are they thinking. Surely they don't expect locals to be charging there, cause that literally the only use case for these locations.

Same with Mackay, the airport and Mackay Bunnings North it seems. Both also nowhere near the highway.

Rockhampton has good locations.
Ingham looks like good locations
Bowen's OK - good views too.

Reactions: johnchidgey
Trying to find the right thread to post it and I whilst I researched with what time I had (not too much) it may attract some critique (hopefully not) but as a Queenslander, I've been watching this closely and pulled this post together.

I discuss the rapid addition of DC Fast Charging infrastructure in Queensland in 2023 and how by the end of 2024 the QESH should finally cover our major highways in Queensland, albeit with mostly single stall chargers. What really impressed me was just how much non-Tesla groups had installed charging infrastructure - far and above what Tesla have. That said, it's disappointing it's SE Qld focussed.

For those that want the YouTube version I added that as well: