TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Querying Hidden Chargepoints

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by jaguar36, Aug 6, 2018.

1. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

We have a chargepoint charger at work that was originally shown on Chargepoint's website, but a few months ago was taken off. I assume this is because it is only for employees so its not appropriate to show it to the general public.

Does anyone know if there is a way to still see what the status of it is? I'd like to be able to see if its empty without having to walk over and look.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

The ChargePoint app will show if available or not

3. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

The station doesn't show up in the App.

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Than not for use ...we have ChargePoint at my work for use by employees only it also doesn’t show on app or PlugShare

5. gregd

gregd Active Member

You (your account ID) needs to be added to the Chargepoint database of authorized users, or some such terminology. The charging stations will then show up when you're signed in. I forget the exact procedure, but it does involve some administrative procedure, by someone at my work place anointed to perform that function. I emailed them my account info, and they took care of the rest.

I got removed from that database when I retired, so the charging spots no longer show up.

• Informative x 1
  6. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

PlugShare should still show it as a restricted charging spot. PlugShare is not owned by any charger company and is pretty much crowd sourced. I’ve added a couple stations there myself that I’ve came across.

• Informative x 1
  7. f-stop

f-stop Active Member

unfortunately Plugshare doesn't show the realtime availability status of ChargePoint stations, so it doesn't solve the OP's problem

of course since it's crowdsourced, Plugshare can show the existence of CP stations, whether public or restricted

8. ArbitrageMan

ArbitrageMan Member

This is how it works at my office as well. You have to add your office to "Connections" in the app. At that point I believe the admin of the site approves you, and you can see the chargers.

9. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

My employer isn't listed in the Connections section.