Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Querying Hidden Chargepoints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jaguar36

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
We have a chargepoint charger at work that was originally shown on Chargepoint's website, but a few months ago was taken off. I assume this is because it is only for employees so its not appropriate to show it to the general public.

Does anyone know if there is a way to still see what the status of it is? I'd like to be able to see if its empty without having to walk over and look.

You (your account ID) needs to be added to the Chargepoint database of authorized users, or some such terminology. The charging stations will then show up when you're signed in. I forget the exact procedure, but it does involve some administrative procedure, by someone at my work place anointed to perform that function. I emailed them my account info, and they took care of the rest.

I got removed from that database when I retired, so the charging spots no longer show up.

• Informative
Reactions: Russell
You (your account ID) needs to be added to the Chargepoint database of authorized users, or some such terminology. The charging stations will then show up when you're signed in. I forget the exact procedure, but it does involve some administrative procedure, by someone at my work place anointed to perform that function. I emailed them my account info, and they took care of the rest.
This is how it works at my office as well. You have to add your office to "Connections" in the app. At that point I believe the admin of the site approves you, and you can see the chargers.