Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attended Tesla Corsa 12 at Buttonwillow Raceway Park last weekend in my LR RWD Model 3. Going through the video afterwards made me think of how similar lapping a car around a track is to playing a round of golf. Perfecting the actions required to carry speed through each corner is like working on my swing. Finding the braking point best suited to the current track conditions and grip of my car, using the right amount of initial brake pressure, hitting the precise turn-in point at the optimal speed, holding the slightest amount of trail brake to keep the front griping all the way down to the apex without over-slowing, smoothly getting back to throttle while straightening the wheel, tracking out to the edge to maximize top speed down the straight or to set up for the next corner. For me, getting all of these swings just right on a single corner is as satisfying, and as rare, as hitting a hole-in-one. Heck, even coming out of a corner with a birdie or par feels pretty damn great!
Then, I try to put whatever happened in the last corner behind me and ready myself for the unique challenges of the next. On the rare occasion when I string enough good corners together to match my target lap time, it feels like I’ve hit my own personal par for the course. And if I can beat my previous best time, it feels even better! Then I know I'm ready to lower my handicap and set a new goal to strive for the next time out. This was one of those events. I set my personal best lap time of 2:05.9.

While most of my trips to the track do not result in setting any record or personal best, those elusive moments of joy and exhilaration, brought on by completing a perfect swing, makes the effort, preparation, travel and expense worth it, and allows all of the trials and tribulations of everyday life to just drift away.

Single Motor Tesla Model 3 (LR RWD)
Wheels: XO Luxury 9.5x19 et 30
Tires: Nankang AR-1 265/35/19
Brakes: 365mm MPP Front Rotors, stock calipers, MPP Front Track pads, UP Rear Sport pads, UP SS Lines, MPP MC Brace
Electronics: MPP Partybox
Suspension: UP Mild Springs, MPP LCA Bushings

Reactions: KenC and jmaddr