Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about 2019 Model S....A 2019 that is a P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should inform the seller (a used car dealer?) that the badging is wrong and that they could be liable for selling a 100D as a P100D with Ludicrous.
I sent the dealer an email explaining the badging and how a couple of the pictures on their site could be misleading, although they do have it advertised properly as a 100D. They never represented it in their ad as a performance model other than the rear pictures of the car showing the P100D badge. No response from them.

They don't care. I've now see exactly 9 dealers selling 100D cars with P100D badging on them. They also advertise free SC for life on cars that clearly don't have them. They also advertise clean history cars as flawless and never wrecked but they've been utterly destroyed and it doesn't take too much digging to find that out either. Bottom line, they will sell anything to make money and if you try to point these obvious falsehoods out... .they don't care. There's one particular dealership in the Colorado area that sells lots of Teslas and advertises every single one of them as free supercharging and premium data for life. My guess is that they either don't know (possible) and don't believe me when I've tried to bring it to their attention or (likely) don't care because once they've made their money what are you dong to do to them months down the road when you find out? Sue? The average buyer is not only not going to have any proof but also really doesn't even have any idea what they bought. It's sad but these predatory practices have been going on longer than you and I have bene alive and will still be around long after we're gone. A tale as old as time: a fool and his money shall soon part ways. They're just happy to be the catalyst that comes out ahead on the transaction.

Since that's a generalization and certainly not always true, it doesn't hurt anyone or anything to inform this dealer that they are mis-representing this car or the car is mis-badged. I've bought cars from many reputable dealers who would like to know this kind of information.