TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Question about AutoPilot/AutoSpeed Control

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Mones, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Mones

Mones Member

I just recently got my Tesla (Wooot!)

I obviously tested out Autopilot the second I was comfortable behind the wheel and in the car.

I had a question hopefully someone can help with (or perhaps I need to just try it more often):

If going at a speed (lets say 100km/h) and I engage either autopilot or speed control, it engages just fine and holds the speed at the appropriate level. If I need to brake, speed up, slow down or cancel, it does that just fine as well.

However: If i want to re-engage (and lets say I'm now driving at 110km/h and want to engage at that level), it always drops back to 100km/h (the initial speed setting). Is there any way to clear out the memory of the previous speed setting and have it only accept the new setting? I know I can use the handle to move the set speed up or down, I just like being able to set my speed according to what I want at the time versus what I set maybe 10 min ago.

Thanks!

2. Griffinlair

Griffinlair Member

Push the selector away from you, then re-pull towards you twice to engage AP at the new current speed.

3. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Not sure this works, I think it remembers the old speed still...

OP: After some messing around, I have a method that seems to work: Push up on the selector (as if you want to add 5mph), it'll lock into your current speed.

4. bancroftc

bancroftc Member

Alternatively, when AP is off you can lift up or down on the cruise stalk to set a new (current) TACC speed. You would then have to double pull towards you to engage autosteer.

5. Mones

Mones Member

Thanks! I'll try that today.