Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about buying a charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys, did any of you install mud flaps and I hear some people get a protective protection paint/film put on the front of the Tesla for bugs and chips etc. I'm about an hour away from Sydney if anyone thinks it is worth it and if they had a price too?
I did the mud flaps. Cheap and easy and they work. The ones I have required one small hole to be made in the front plastic wheel arch protector. Don’t be the person who thinks the wheel has to come off to drill it. Left then Right full steering lock works fine!

Reactions: demaw

Much the same as the ampfibian above. This is what I used until the electrician hooked up the 32a circuit. Be aware there is no 'squeezing' on these things. If you go over 10amp it triggers the CB as designed, they don't tolerate start up exceedance like other cb's.

I hear some people get a protective protection paint/film put on the front of the Tesla for bugs and chips etc
After 20 months and lots of dirt/gravel roads I wish that the lockdowns hadn't stopped me getting paint protection.
If you do not want the expense of a full body paint protection, there are some areas I would do at a minimum:
- Definitely get the whole nose done: it is hard to match the Tesla pearl colour in such an immediately visible area.
Makes removing the zillion of bugs very easy as well. The aluminium frunk door? Not really needed.
- The most important area for a really thick plastic protection would be the side rails: the area under the doors.
Mine look as rough as a cheese grater. The rear of the side rails have hundreds of nasty gouges. Even with aftermarket mudflaps.
- Get the side mirror covers (aka as skull caps) done as they collect bugs as well.

If you use a silicone wax to protect after a thorough hand wash, use painters tape to mask the black plastic of the lower rear of the car and the black plastic of the front grill or protect the black plastic with some silicone oil tyre shine before waxing. That wax leaves white residue that is impossible to remove from the patterned plastic. And don't go near the cameras with that wax; it gets in every black crevice.

Hi everyone, super excited about placing an order for a 3 model on September 1st and will enjoy this forum and all the threads. Quick question, I keep hearing that I can buy a cheaper version of charger (using a nema 14-50) instead of the Tesla gen 3 charger for $780. Is it worth it or too much hassle? I do have 3 phase power in my electricity box from our solar panels. I just need some details to tell my sparky as he will either install the cheaper option (if recommended) or tesla 3 charger. If anyone has any Australian clips to watch that would be great as well. I just worry all the YouTube clips I see are US.

I've found this extremely helpful. It's a good write-up on your charging options:

Reactions: Morri