Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about different tire models front and back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in a bit of a pickle and would like to hear you guys' opinions.

I decided to go with Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S+ for my Model X 75D, largely because of reviews and the fact that it comes with mileage warranty.

America's Tire ordered these for me. The front 2 arrived and are installed on the car, the rear 2 are back ordered from manufacturer and god knows when they will come!

I am evaluating whether I should get Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S+ in the back or give up and go back to OEMs.

Verde and Zero have different handling characteristics and I am wondering if this will actually be a good thing - faster rolling tires in the back and grippier tires in the front or would it be a mistake?

Would love to hear your experiences if you have tried something like this for your X or any other car.

Thanks a lot!

(ps: I do mountain biking as a hobby and for MTBs, you almost always get different tires front and back - grippier, knobbier tires upfront and slicker fast rolling tires in the back. I have no idea if that same thing transfers over to cars)