Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about different versions of software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Probably I didn't read everything carefully, but I don't understand al different versions of the software ...

My Model Y RWD has 2022.44.25.3.

I see that there's already a 2022.44.25.20 with FSD11.x
There's also a 2022.44.30, then 2022.44.30.5 + FSD 10.69.25.1

When I look at the release notes, all models (S, 3, X, Y) are mentioned, so I'm now confused ...
Is there a site where I can learn the difference between versions and how they do apply on which models?

I just feel to be somehow with an "old" version ...

Is there a site where I can learn the difference between versions and how they do apply on which models?

Best of my knowledge would be not a tesla app where you can find information about every Software updates and FSD releases.
The site is organaized in sub-sections listed at the top banner of the webpage.

Otherwise TeslaFi provides a summary of reported updates for each Tesla models.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tha_Ape
Upvote 0
Best of my knowledge would be not a tesla app where you can find information about every Software updates and FSD releases.

Thanks for the info, didn't know about the "TeslaFi" site, very interesting.

However, I see that some MY standard range RWD have more updated version of the firmware ... still can't understand if there's a logic between version and models ... ?

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, didn't know about the "TeslaFi" site, very interesting.

However, I see that some MY standard range RWD have more updated version of the firmware ... still can't understand if there's a logic between version and models ... ?
Go into the restroom of your choice (boys or girls), look in the mirror, slap yourself silly, then return to your normal daily activity.

That ought to explain all you need to know about Tesla and their version logic.

• Funny
Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
Upvote 0
I wouldn't worry too much about it. According to Teslafi 71% of the fleet (ignoring FSD beta versions) are on 44.25.3. Even though there is a 30 and 30.1 almost all the installs in the past week have still been 25.3. Who knows what the point of 30 and 30.1 were/are but Tesla still seems to be pushing 25.3 to most people so maybe they feel that is the most stable version. All those versions have the same release notes so it could only be minor bug fixes undocumented that differ. As long as you have one of the versions with the Holiday update features (like Apple Music, cards etc) then consider yourself up to date.

Upvote 0

Hi @Watts_Up,
Do you have a referral for TeslaFi ?
I'm looking forward to have a paid account there.
Thanks

Upvote 0

While there probably is some logic somewhere, none of us know what it is. Just know that there will never be a time when all cars are on the same version, that tesla always rolls these things out in waves, and that there will DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY 100% be times when you read something about a version, wait for weeks for it, and never get it, then end up getting some newer version than was talked about later.

Upvote 0