Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question About Dips in Energy Graph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC community. I've had Tesla solar for about 4 months now and it's been running great.

But since 1st of this September, I've noticed the energy graph for solar generation is no longer a smooth bell curve, but rather a jagged graph with a bunch of dips, especially on the latter half (please see attached image). The frustration part is dealing with Tesla support. My typical production of 40 ~ 45 kWh has now reduced to 15 ~ 20kWh.

I've emailed and called numerous times, and they keep telling me that the issue has been escalated and field support is in queue, but something-something is missing in the warehouse and they can't get the parts yet to fix the issue. They did mention something about an inverter possibly being broken.

I asked support if there's some sort of compensation or credit for all the energy I'm losing. She then said "Let me take a look at your contract," and tells me no there's no such guarantee. I asked then by context of her answer, what makes some people have it in their contract and some people not? She couldn't really answer just saying that it depends on the promotion?

I'm not sure if I'm being lied to but just wanted to ask some questions here for,

1) anyone else have this kind of energy graph issue or issue with the inverter? If so, how did you or Tesla resolve it? Looking for any insight.
2) is what support told me about "no guarantees" in the contract accurate? Has anyone been compensated for such energy loss?

Please advise, thank you!

J
tesla-energy-graph-dips-jagged.jpg

Well, I'm not 100% sure if this is it, but here's a snippet from the contract. It sort of gives me a formula but I think I have to look at my overall energy use annually and see if the panels did enough for the year to cover that amount. Is it similar wording as what you remember?
Thanks, but that is not what Tesla should have given you. Actual annual estimated production, like xxxx kWh and perhaps, similar data for each month.
If not readily available, not to worry.

Upvote 0
My Tesla panels started doing that a month after the installation. Tesla determined the fan in my inverter was dead (which the on site tech confirmed) and the fast fail panels would shut down until they cooled off. That was 6 weeks ago and Tesla promised to send a new inverter in 2-4 weeks. I put a roof fan on the inverter and it works pretty good.
Hi,
Can u pls explain what do u mean by roof fan?and how you did it. Thanks

Upvote 0