Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about driver profiles and recordings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you create driver profiles, do the video recording get saved in different folders, therefore making them only available to the user profile that is active in the car for the moment.

the same concept as profiles in a computer. Different document folders for each user and nobody can access each other’s, unless they are an admin ;)
TIA

When you create driver profiles, do the video recording get saved in different folders, therefore making them only available to the user profile that is active in the car for the moment.

the same concept as profiles in a computer. Different document folders for each user and nobody can access each other’s, unless they are an admin ;)
TIA
No, everything under TelsaCam folder only.

TIA

Nope.

The USB storage only has a single sentry folder, a single saved folder, etc

• Disagree
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Is there a way of locking or password protecting the viewer on the dash?

I am thinking if my kids ask to take it, I don’t want to think they can do things they shouldn’t, erase the video and I will never know. Lol

Sort of downplaying but also serious.

The memory device can certainly be formatted in the car, which accomplishes "deleting everything".
Note that with a dual slot SD card reader plugged into the glovebox, the option to format the drive does not show up. The card must be formatted on a computer and the Tesla Cam folder created.
I bought this one myself:
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Reader-Memory-Windows-Simultaneously/dp/B01EFPX9XA

I don't know if the same thing might work if two drives are plugged at the same time, but it might.

That might be an option for @Dtt255, with the drive in the glovebox and a pin set for the glovebox (to prevent unplugging of the drive). Only thing is the registration/insurance info may need to be put elsewhere in that case.