Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about edit button disappearing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Qubit

Aug 17, 2018
MO
Reserved 4/2/16
Ordered 8/4/18
LR/AWD/RED/WHITE/EAP/18

I received the new UI late this past week when everyone else did, still had edit button on the far right column below the estimated delivery date section. Yesterday I sold my car to a 3rd party so I updated to no trade-in. I had never finished putting my drivers license and insurance info (I figured that was something I wouldn't need to fill out until I was about to take delivery) so I went ahead and did that too. After entering that information it took me to a screen I had never seen before to once again review all of my car fees and registration details and I clicked accept or something like that. Then the layout of the entire screen changed and I no longer have an edit button. I read that if you enable trade-in again you can get the order button back but I have no way on the screen to actually re-enable a trade-in (not that I need to). I have attached what my account screen looks like now.

The overview popup has "Order" and "Prepare for Delivery" checked and the Order Summary tab shows all my specific registration details and insurance as well as amount due (paying in cash). The edit URL I found in another thread does still work for me.

It seems awful suspicious that all this happened when I changed my trade-in and completed my registration information, but does this actually mean my car has been assigned? Or is this how the new UI behaves and it locks down the edit button sooner now?

Thanks!

Attachments

• next steps.png
    next steps.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 71