TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Question about edit button disappearing

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Qubit, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Qubit

Qubit New Member

Reserved 4/2/16
    Ordered 8/4/18
    LR/AWD/RED/WHITE/EAP/18

I received the new UI late this past week when everyone else did, still had edit button on the far right column below the estimated delivery date section. Yesterday I sold my car to a 3rd party so I updated to no trade-in. I had never finished putting my drivers license and insurance info (I figured that was something I wouldn't need to fill out until I was about to take delivery) so I went ahead and did that too. After entering that information it took me to a screen I had never seen before to once again review all of my car fees and registration details and I clicked accept or something like that. Then the layout of the entire screen changed and I no longer have an edit button. I read that if you enable trade-in again you can get the order button back but I have no way on the screen to actually re-enable a trade-in (not that I need to). I have attached what my account screen looks like now.

The overview popup has "Order" and "Prepare for Delivery" checked and the Order Summary tab shows all my specific registration details and insurance as well as amount due (paying in cash). The edit URL I found in another thread does still work for me.

It seems awful suspicious that all this happened when I changed my trade-in and completed my registration information, but does this actually mean my car has been assigned? Or is this how the new UI behaves and it locks down the edit button sooner now?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

If you update your order to pay cash and not have a trade-in then you get that screen. I’ve had it for over a month. If you want to edit your order you can still manually go to the edit page.

3. Qubit

Qubit New Member

Ok so it doesn't actually mean any progression, that's what I figured, thank you.

4. whatthe2

whatthe2 Member

I also received the new UI and still had my edit button. I haven't made any changes (still have third party financing selected) and as of today, my edit button is now gone. Who know's if that means anything or not.

5. JTesmod3

JTesmod3 Member

In my experience it doesn't mean a thing...:(