TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Question about Energy App

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by LazMan, Mar 21, 2013.

1. LazMan

LazMan Member

Hi. I did a bit of a search, but couldn't get this answered.

For the record, I'm 5 days into ownership and couldn't be happier.

I've been trying to figure out how the Energy App works. My first assumption is that Rated KM is calculated based on a fixed amount of energy consumption, something like 200 per km. So when the Rated Km on the speedo screen says 300km left, that means that I have roughly 200x300 = 30KW left in the battery.

However, I get confused when I see that the solid Rated line on the app seems to move. Shouldn't it be fixed?

If I drive so that the two lines overlap, shouldn't the "average" predicted match the Rated on the speedometer readout? Currently, rated is at about 240 W/km so when the lines overlap, it predicts a lot less than what Rated shows by the speedometer (steering wheel).

Thanks.

P.S. When charging, I'm getting 240V and 40amps but showing a charge rate of 30km/hr, yet it is adding about 50km of rated per hour. Is this a miles vs km error?