Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about firmware version after HW3 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! quick question. I had 2021.18 firmware. Today, the tesla mobile service upgraded the computer to v3. After that swap, the tesla guy said he was updating firmware. the v3 computer seemed to have an older firmware than what I did have on v2.5 because the "new" firmware was now 2021.18 after he did the update. He left, I calibrated cameras, and all good. I then was notified 2021.12.25.7 was available, which is a higher number than the one that was released with Disney plus and carwash mode. After that firmware was installed, I don't have either carwash mode or Disney plus.

Don't mind waiting until it's my turn to get whatever update is next but my question is did I skip something where I have to call tesla to push some sort of update that I skipped over or is the new firmware associated with the v3 an entirely different number, therefore I am still good, just need to wait until the latest firmware (to include Disney plus and the carwash) is pushed to my car?

Thank you!!

No, its not a higher number than "the one that was released with disney+ etc. A lot of people seem to be making that mistake, but that firmware is supposed to be (and I say SUPPOSED to be, because no one has it yet) 2021.24

You got 2021.12 or 2021.18, cant really tell which from the story but there is nothing you need to do or should be doing.

================

(moderator note)

I changed your thread title because software questions in general go in the software subforum:

However, your question is not just about software version, its about what happens after HW3 upgrade, so I thought it best belonged here, but with a title that described what you were asking.

No, its not a higher number than "the one that was released with disney+ etc. A lot of people seem to be making that mistake, but that firmware is supposed to be (and I say SUPPOSED to be, because no one has it yet) 2021.24
I saw a news story about 2021.24 with those features a week or two ago, and the news story said it was going out then. I just checked TeslaFi, and there's a grand total of one installation of that version, installed on August 4, on a Model S Plaid. Perhaps it's going out to early access owners, too, but it looks like Tesla's taking its time releasing this update to the rest of the fleet.

I saw a news story about 2021.24 with those features a week or two ago, and the news story said it was going out then. I just checked TeslaFi, and there's a grand total of one installation of that version, installed on August 4, on a Model S Plaid. Perhaps it's going out to early access owners, too, but it looks like Tesla's taking its time releasing this update to the rest of the fleet.
That news story was posted here as well, and it was electrek. That website tends to rush to be "first", sometimes without even verifying what they post. When I saw it was them who posted it, I figured "it will be a while"

Hey everyone! quick question. I had 2021.18 firmware. Today, the tesla mobile service upgraded the computer to v3. After that swap, the tesla guy said he was updating firmware. the v3 computer seemed to have an older firmware than what I did have on v2.5 because the "new" firmware was now 2021.18 after he did the update. He left, I calibrated cameras, and all good. I then was notified 2021.12.25.7 was available, which is a higher number than the one that was released with Disney plus and carwash mode. After that firmware was installed, I don't have either carwash mode or Disney plus.

Don't mind waiting until it's my turn to get whatever update is next but my question is did I skip something where I have to call tesla to push some sort of update that I skipped over or is the new firmware associated with the v3 an entirely different number, therefore I am still good, just need to wait until the latest firmware (to include Disney plus and the carwash) is pushed to my car?

Thank you!!
Same thing happened to me. Model 3 2020. No Disney+ or car wash mode. And a lot more missing.