TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Question about model X Premium Package

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by scottfl, May 20, 2018.

1. scottfl

scottfl Member

If you order a model x without the premium package, front doors will not open as you approach. However will the front door still do the following:
    1) Auto-close when you walk away from the car?
    2) Close when you single press the key fob?
    3) Close when your press the brake?

Also will the front doors open when you double press the key fob key?

2. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

Good questions! I have the PUP with my MX. Is the PUP overpriced? Sure, but I'm sure glad I got it because of the doors/sound/cold weather.

I *think* the front doors will not open/close with the key control while walking to/from the car. Without the PUP, I believe only the frunk, FWD, and trunk work via the key.

Without PUP, all doors can be controlled via the screen, and the driver door will close when you press on the brake (I did ask the sales associate that question).

• Like x 1
  3. skraid

skraid Member

1) Auto-close when you walk away from the car? No
    2) Close when you single press the key fob? Yes
    3) Close when your press the brake? Yes

The Pup will add opening doors when you approach and close when you walk away.

• Like x 1
  4. wamochi

wamochi Member

i was wondering the same thing. so just to confirm, if i don't get PUP and driver door is open and i walk away and press lock on the key fob, it will automatically close and lock the door?

5. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

It won’t automatically close when you walk away but when you press the key fob to close it will close. Automatically closing when walk away is only with PUP.

• Like x 1