Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For SR, LR and Performance it says "Standard Battery available in 5-8 months" for 3 of those options. But it also says "Delivery in ~2-4 months"

Im trying to take adventage of the federal tax credit but I'm confused... do I have to weight 5-8 months or will I be able to get it in 2-4 months?

For SR, LR and Performance it says "Standard Battery available in 5-8 months" for 3 of those options. But it also says "Delivery in ~2-4 months"

Im trying to take adventage of the federal tax credit but I'm confused... do I have to weight 5-8 months or will I be able to get it in 2-4 months?

If ur going for SR and full tax credit not looking promising now ...given where we are at in year ..LR RWD ...seems to be the fastest ..followed by the Ps

SR will be available in 5-8 months and CANNOT be ordered now. If you order RWD LR, AWD, or P you should get you car in 2-4 months from order

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Yeah it’s not bad at all. I decided to pull the trigger on a LR RWD because I don’t know how long it would have taken me to get an SR version (not a previous owner, didn’t reserve until February 2018, etc). Who knows. I probably ended up spending $7000 more than I needed to but who knows.

That’s ok. At least you’re secure the $7500 and enjoy the car sooner.

Plus if you sell later on. I’m sure you can recover at least $1k or $2k from the bigger battery.