Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about Quick Connection Phone Dock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found installation instructions here: Tesla — Quick Connection Phone Dock

Thing is, even after installing correctly the lightning phone connector has some "play" moving back and forth, so in order to connect my phone I have to push the male lightning connector back with one finger while I slide the phone down along the side guides with the other hand. Here is a picture:

IMG_20160607_222858.jpeg

Not sure if this is normal?

If you pick up the rubber floor, is there any play left beneath the two screws that allow the connector to be adjusted forwards and backwards? Can you move the connector all the way forward (seems to fit naked phones well)

If you pick up the rubber floor, is there any play left beneath the two screws that allow the connector to be adjusted forwards and backwards? Can you move the connector all the way forward (seems to fit naked phones well)

Thank you. I thought the problem was the play in the connector housing itself, because there wasn't any play beneath the two screws. However, there was a little space so I unscrewed them and pushed the connector all the way forward and now if fits my "naked" phone well!

I use the Apple leather case on my 7 Plus. The DS installed it without the guides. One quick acceleration and the phone snapped the lightening adaption completely off. After I replaced the cable, I installed a single guide (left or right is your preference) and it provides enough support that the phone to not break the adaptor. I don't know if that will work for all phone cases but it solved my problem...

Chris

Reactions: mhw23