Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about range on PUP MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen a few reviews that show the max range of the PUP MY at 280 miles. I would assume this is solely due to the 21'' uberturbine wheels which weigh a ton. The lowered suspension & spoiler I assume would only help range (or at the very least not hurt)

If one were to swap out the 21'' UTs for a much lighter flow forged 19''-20'' wheel, would the range indicator continue to max out at 280miles? I assume the real-world range would be more than that?

Apologies if this is a dumb question...soon to be first-time Tesla owner :)

I have seen a few reviews that show the max range of the PUP MY at 280 miles. I would assume this is solely due to the 21'' uberturbine wheels which weigh a ton. The lowered suspension & spoiler I assume would only help range (or at the very least not hurt)

If one were to swap out the 21'' UTs for a much lighter flow forged 19''-20'' wheel, would the range indicator continue to max out at 280miles? I assume the real-world range would be more than that?

Apologies if this is a dumb question...soon to be first-time Tesla owner :)
Right now yes. It will only show 280, once we get the software update that’s merges us with the rest of fleet, we will get a option in settings to swap the computer settings to 19s, 20s or the factory 21incher. However we do not have that yet.

Right now yes. It will only show 280, once we get the software update that’s merges us with the rest of fleet, we will get a option in settings to swap the computer settings to 19s, 20s or the factory 21incher. However we do not have that yet.
Thank you very much! Has this been done with MS / MX / M3 as well (ie ability to change rim size in car settings which toggles max range)?