Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question About Service center. Should I repair or do the annual service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, My current model s is almost 4years old with almost 50000 mi, so I am almost out of warranty at this time. I didn't decide whether to purchase the extended warranty or not, so current what I want to do is to use the warranty to fix everything I noticed.
My current concerns are: Chassis have a lot of noise when on bumpy road, AC is too weak on wind speed( lvl 4 wind speed equal to lvl 1 on my friends tesla, and when i turn both face and foot on, I need to set to lvl 7 to feel the wind), glove box button will stuck inside when I push it, steering wheel have very slightly shake when I turn all the way to one side when on low speed( at least make me feel strange, which not appear on my friends Tesla). The door are not align to each other( no accident, about 0.5 inch away from each other, could it be the reason why i feel so many road noise?)
Used to replace the DU once 8000 mi ago, battery currently stay at 259 max, with 85kwh package.
Everything else so far so good.
So my biggest concern are the chassis, I am not a expert on any car, so it so hard for me to say what is wrong just by hearing the noise. Just a comparison, my 2014 Tesla road noise( from road only) Vs. my Friends 2015 Tesla, are just like compare toyota with lexus. The difference is so significant.

Those issue are covered by the warranty or not? How should I let the service center to look into my chassis, which I think is something difficult and I didn't pay them to fix it..
What will 4 year 50000mi annual service do? How much is it? I don't have the maintenance plan.

Hi,

Technically the warranty is bumper to bumper but there is a difference in fixing something broken vs adjusting something like a door or glove box. Why not simply call Tesla and ask them? They'll let you know if it can be fixed under warranty or not.

Edit: Also, road noise can be because of the tires you're using. I have michelin super sports and they are noisier than the primacy's. Sound insulation was also improved over the years.

If you ever plan on selling the car within the next 3 years after the warranty runs out, buy the ESA!

You will have a very hard time selling the car without a warranty. Also unless I am mistaken, you can get a prorated portion of your money back if you don't actually use the ESA. IMO the ESA is a no brainer and I would not continue to own our car without it.

If you ever plan on selling the car within the next 3 years after the warranty runs out, buy the ESA!

You will have a very hard time selling the car without a warranty. Also unless I am mistaken, you can get a prorated portion of your money back if you don't actually use the ESA. IMO the ESA is a no brainer and I would not continue to own our car without it.
Agreed. I won't own a Tesla out of warranty either.

Reactions: P85Dave