Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about some strange issues with my model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having some glitches too with my M3.

1. Most of the time, not all (and rarely, none) of my USB music appears, especially favorites.
  2. I have "roll up windows when lock" enabled. Walked away when supercharging, came back and my driver's window was fully down. Thankfully nothing in my car was stolen.
  3. One time this big obnoxious diesel truck parked next to me and I just knew some foolishness happened. Went to check my sentry mode, it was grayed out (70% SOC). Not just disabled... but grayed out like it wasn't available. No video was recorded either.
I know, I know. It's a complex computer on wheels. Sometimes you gotta treat it like a computer and turn it on and off to clear out the bugs. ...and it's always worked. Anyone else have these problems? Is it just that... it is what it is. Get used to it?

(moderator note)

I moved your post out of the thread you resurrected, and made it a new thread, because a 2 year old post about software issues is not relevant for a tesla today, as software changes at least once a month on these cars. That means a minimum of 24 software changes since that post was made, which makes it not relevant to right now.

==========================

regular post

1. I dont use USB music, maybe someone who uses that can give you some pointers on why that might happen.

2. I also dont know about that setting. I dont personally trust most of the "automated" settings like lock here, and not there, or dont lock at home, etc.

3. This seems like it would be related to number 1. What format is your USB drive? its no longer necessary to have it formatted in FAT32, you can format it in exfat too. Perhaps you have 2 partitions and the car doesnt like how its setup? Sentry would be greyed out because it doesnt see the USB.

It could also be an issue with the USB ports, but you would want to check the formatting of the USB as well.

Last edited:
(moderator note)

I moved your post out of the thread you resurrected, and made it a new thread, because a 2 year old post about software issues is not relevant for a tesla today, as software changes at least once a month on these cars. That means a minimum of 24 software changes since that post was made, which makes it not relevant to right now.

==========================

regular post

1. I dont use USB music, maybe someone who uses that can give you some pointers on why that might happen.

2. I also dont know about that setting. I dont personally trust most of the "automated" settings like lock here, and not there, or dont lock at home, etc.

3. This seems like it would be related to number 1. What format is your USB drive? its no longer necessary to have it formatted in FAT32, you can format it in exfat too. Perhaps you have 2 partitions and the car doesnt like how its setup? Sentry would be greyed out because it doesnt see the USB.

It could also be an issue with the USB ports, but you would want to check the formatting of the USB as well.
Ah, thank you. ...and yes, I do have one drive partitioned and maybe it just doesn't like that. I will try two drives.