Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about SuperCharger etiquette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you find a friendly neighbour within walking distance of your home where you could install and use a 16-50 outlet outside their house? You could cover the costs plus some kind of gift and you would probably only have to use it every few days.
I am seriously an idiot. My mother and stepfather pre-ordered a Model 3 and they will DEFINITELY be installing a proper charger (he's an engineer). I'll pay them a few bucks a month to use theirs. Durrr. Thank you for getting me to think outside of the box.

Reactions: KJD
I'm sure I can make do, especially since my office is about 5 mins from IKEA. I'm thinking that combined with the daily charging at the office, I may only have to make 1 trip a week to IKEA to top up which isn't the worst thing in the world.
They have a really cheap breakfast ;) Or take the office staff out to Ikea once a week at lunch for some spaghetti and meatballs. It won't break the bank, you can show them how easy it is to charge an EV, and you can grab some more $1 scented tea lights while you're at it.

There are 120V outlets in the parking areas. But they are connected to the lighting system. I suspect my plugging in to that circuit would bring it to it's knees when the lights come on at night.
Probably won't cause a problem since the Tesla limits 120V charging to 12 amps which amounts to a little over 3 miles per hour. It adds up. We are renting a cottage where we can charge overnight giving us 50-70 miles average a day to do day trips.

Probably won't cause a problem since the Tesla limits 120V charging to 12 amps which amounts to a little over 3 miles per hour. It adds up. We are renting a cottage where we can charge overnight giving us 50-70 miles average a day to do day trips.
True, except for the winter when it needs to use some of the power to warm up the battery.