Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about supercharger referral miles, premium connectivity, and new car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've got a Model Y on order but no VIN yet... apparently blue cars are running behind.

Anyway, I sold my Model 3 a few days ago and finally felt ok removing it from my account since funds cleared and everything. I totally forgot to cancel premium connectivity first though.... I don't see anyway to cancel that now that the car is removed from my account. Knowing Tesla and their horrible system integration... what are the odds that I'll be paying for premium connectivity forever now? Does anyone have experience if removing a car from the account (so now I have no cars in my account except for an order number) also cancel the premium connectivity billing?

Also, I had almost three thousand supercharger miles that weren't set to expire until December 2021... I had been told they follow the account and not the car... when I open my loot box I still see how many referrals I have and a pending one (me) but no mention of miles or expiration date anywhere. That kinda makes sense since I don't have a Tesla that can use them (until my car is marked as delivered), but what are the odds my miles come back once my Model Y is in my account, 0%?

Has anyone removed a car and had a couple days go by before getting another Tesla activated in the account? Did your referral miles stay with your account and show up again... or were they gone forever?

I think you are going to have to contact Tesla as this point to cancel the premium subscription since the car is no longer associated with your account. It’s a good reminder to anyone selling their car to remember to do so before removing the car from their account. Or you could ask the new owner to either cancel the subscription or provide their own credit card to continue the service.

As for the miles, I doubt the bonus miles will transfer from a Model 3 that you no longer own to a Model Y that you will own in the near future. If they did I’d say it will be a fluke but I wouldn’t count on it.

I think you are going to have to contact Tesla as this point to cancel the premium subscription since the car is no longer associated with your account. It’s a good reminder to anyone selling their car to remember to do so before removing the car from their account. Or you could ask the new owner to either cancel the subscription or provide their own credit card to continue the service.

As for the miles, I doubt the bonus miles will transfer from a Model 3 that you no longer own to a Model Y that you will own in the near future. If they did I’d say it will be a fluke but I wouldn’t count on it.

Oh gosh, now I’m in that situation of having to figure out HOW and WHO to contact at Tesla, lol. Maybe I just cancel that credit card, lol

That’s unfortunate about the miles, I was hoping they were linked to my account. (If you have two cars in an account, do they share supercharger referral miles?)