Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about TACC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Standard Plus is being delivered next week, and with all the changes in feature sets I'm a little confused about TACC. Ultimately I just want to know, am I getting it? The current manual indicates that it's only available either with FSD or "Enhanced Autopilot". I was given the option to add FSD when I bought the car, but not "Enhanced Autopilot" whatever that is.

...FSD or "Enhanced Autopilot"...

To know what you ordered or what you got, please look at the document called

"Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement
Vehicle Configuration"

Or on your account page after clicking "Details"

If you missed the deadline of 2/28/2019 to order your new car, you won't have Enhanced Autopilot.

If you didn't order after the deadline 4/11/2019, then you didn't have Autopilot included as standard.

I have just "Autopilot" on my order agreement (it was after April 11.) So, what I understand is that:

1. Enhanced Autopilot no longer exists.
2. TACC, which used to be part of Enhanced Autopilot, now comes standard with regular autopilot, except:
3. The lane change feature of TACC is now part of FSD only.

Accurate?

I have just "Autopilot" on my order agreement (it was after April 11.) So, what I understand is that:

1. Enhanced Autopilot no longer exists.
2. TACC, which used to be part of Enhanced Autopilot, now comes standard with regular autopilot, except:
3. The lane change feature of TACC is now part of FSD only.

Accurate?

Yes.

AP includes TACC which works very well and single lane, lane keeping.

While lane keeping is enabled turning on your turn single will reduce lane keeping steering wheel resistance. Once you break lane keeping TACC is still enabled.
Only applying the breaks or moving the Shifter stalk will disengage it.