Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about Tesla Credit App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just placed an order for my custom design.

I will be leasing the car.

My delivery date is November, most likely more than 90+ days from now.

The Tesla credit application is valid for only 90 days.

1. Should I wait until next month to do the credit app? I don't want to run it 2x, now and then again in November.

2. If I decide NOT to do it now, does that mean I will get passed in line for Delivery to someone who does have a finished credit app?

Thanks

If I was in your shoes, I would put on the tesla order that I was paying cash (which would let everything move forward), then next month sometime I would say I changed my mind and want to finance by changing the payment in the tesla app to financing. I might even wait until they assigned me a vin before I applied for credit, unless I expected my credit to change (or rates to significantly change) before then.

As you say, its only good for so long, and anyone ordering now is likely looking at around end of third quarter (in the US), unless you find one sitting around for some reason.

If I was in your shoes, I would put on the tesla order that I was paying cash (which would let everything move forward), then next month sometime I would say I changed my mind and want to finance by changing the payment in the tesla app to financing. I might even wait until they assigned me a vin before I applied for credit, unless I expected my credit to change (or rates to significantly change) before then.

As you say, its only good for so long, and anyone ordering now is likely looking at around end of third quarter (in the US), unless you find one sitting around for some reason.
great idea man, why didn't I think of that!