Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about Tesla financing approval

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied for Tesla financing, had my credit pulled, and was "approved." I clicked confirm on the offer and my order screen just shows the amount financed and what I'll owe as my down payment before delivery, there was no additional information on how I'll make the payments and whatnot. Am I already completely approved for the loan? Or will I be prompted to complete additional steps (income verification, W2s, etc)?

I have a delivery date in 2 weeks. How will I be contacted to complete the loan? I need to know that it's completely approved in case I need a contingency option.

If it shows your APR and payment total I believe you are approved and you will have an amount due at delivery. Then like three weeks later the bank will send you docs. At least that’s what Tesla told me. I took delivery 4 days ago.

Not much I can add to the details. I applied for financing yesterday got approved within 2 - 3 hours and terms updated on the Tesla page and I was given the option to confirm. I haven't yet because I wasn't happy with the interest rate. I applied with PenFed today and was conditionally approved with 3.24% pending income verification which I sent this afternoon. Penfed's conditional approval only required the $3,500 down payment I've already paid to reserve and place my order for the Tesla.

One thing I can add though was that Tesla approved me with TD Auto it required a total of 11K downpayment. I emailed them last night explain that a vehicle loan currently on my credit was going to be gone the moment I received my Tesla and they came back and only required a total of about 6K downpayment. My issue here is the interest rate. They tried to hit me with 5%. DTI is a little higher at the moment due to a home remodel from November - March 2018. But great payment history and even with the higher DTI barely hitting 30% of available credit on cards.

If it shows your APR and payment total I believe you are approved and you will have an amount due at delivery. Then like three weeks later the bank will send you docs. At least that’s what Tesla told me. I took delivery 4 days ago.
Ok so once you confirmed the offer you didn't then have to send further documents to get completely approved? I assumed this was the case I just found it odd that all I had to do to accept a loan was click one button. I'm not complaining though, I like simple.

Reactions: Benihect
Not much I can add to the details. I applied for financing yesterday got approved within 2 - 3 hours and terms updated on the Tesla page and I was given the option to confirm. I haven't yet because I wasn't happy with the interest rate. I applied with PenFed today and was conditionally approved with 3.24% pending income verification which I sent this afternoon. Penfed's conditional approval only required the $3,500 down payment I've already paid to reserve and place my order for the Tesla.

One thing I can add though was that Tesla approved me with TD Auto it required a total of 11K downpayment. I emailed them last night explain that a vehicle loan currently on my credit was going to be gone the moment I received my Tesla and they came back and only required a total of about 6K downpayment. My issue here is the interest rate. They tried to hit me with 5%. DTI is a little higher at the moment due to a home remodel from November - March 2018. But great payment history and even with the higher DTI barely hitting 30% of available credit on cards.
Yeah I feel like I may have been able to get a slightly better rate from a CU, but I like the simplicity of just going straight through Tesla. That was worth the fraction of a percent to me.

Ok so once you confirmed the offer you didn't then have to send further documents to get completely approved? I assumed this was the case I just found it odd that all I had to do to accept a loan was click one button. I'm not complaining though, I like simple.

Yep basically you applied with your income info and they trust you. And will come after you for the car if you don’t make payments

Reactions: PlasmaRitual