Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about Tesla's manufacturing cost price on 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a question i got from Tesla's Q1 earnings. I usually don't read much on forums and such, and i've got admit i've never used Tesla Motors Club before, so i'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask investing related questions.

At Tesla earnings for Q1 we know they only sold model 3 and model Y. The average selling price (without credits) for this quarter was 45 890 USD and the margin was 22,0%. From this we can calculate the cost price by subtracting the margin % from the sales price 45 890 - 22% = 35800. Despite this tesla stated that they had reduced their cost price to [below] 38000 usd. My question is then, where do they get the extra 2000 USD from in this equation?

Hi,

I have a question i got from Tesla's Q1 earnings. I usually don't read much on forums and such, and i've got admit i've never used Tesla Motors Club before, so i'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask investing related questions.

At Tesla earnings for Q1 we know they only sold model 3 and model Y. The average selling price (without credits) for this quarter was 45 890 USD and the margin was 22,0%. From this we can calculate the cost price by subtracting the margin % from the sales price 45 890 - 22% = 35800. Despite this tesla stated that they had reduced their cost price to [below] 38000 usd. My question is then, where do they get the extra 2000 USD from in this equation?
I replied in a different thread where some others will see your question and possibly respond.

Reactions: ggr