Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about the Air con ..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys had my M3LR since december and do love it ...

A question now the weather is heating up a little I am using the air con always had it set to AUTO etc and aligned the vents etc...I noticed this week when it was a bit hot that only the driver's side comes on if i'm on my own in the car. Passenger gets in, it turns on the other side now that's fine I guess but I went into the dash turned it to manual and turned on the passenger air con as i find that circulates the cool air better round the cabin. Of course park up get out.....come back its still in manual mode but again the passenger air vent is set to off i have to turn it back on again!. Am i missing a setting somewhere here to get that remain as I had it can someone help?

I havent seen anyone have a solution for that. I remember reading about it, but havent taken the time to see if it impacts my 2018 Model 3 (and it hasnt been hot enough yet for me to feel like the aircon isnt cooling the car effectively for my wifes new model Y).

There is a thread in the model Y subforum about it but it doesnt appear they came to a solution:

Since that thread is a couple pages, I would recommend asking there in that thread. The 3 and Y are mostly the same, so if someone figured out something for them, it might work for you as well.

This appears to be one of those things that tesla says "we know whats best better than you" (which I dont always agree with).