TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Question about "Trips" on Model S Center Console

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by theflyer, Sep 21, 2016.

1. theflyer

theflyer Member

I like having the "trip" display on the center console. However, I can't find anyway to scroll to Trip A and Trip B. I've looked at the manual but can't find any information there either. Is there a way to see Trip A and Trip B on the center console?

Thanks in advance

2. tliving

tliving Member

IMG_3477.jpg Prior to 8.0, you can't do that. In 8.0 you can display from 2-4 trip meters but there are only 2 that are resettable.

• Like x 1
  3. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

How do you do that?!!??! Thats awesome.

4. tliving

tliving Member

It's in the new trips interface:
    IMG_3475.jpg

You have to have 2 items selected. You can rename Trip A and Trip B but you can't add a C (unfortunately). You can show 2, 3, or 4 on your dash. I use one for monthly mileage and one for life time but would really have liked a third for special trips. Still, it was a nice upgrade which was free and I appreciate it.

• Informative x 1
  5. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

Excellent!! Thank you for this and I really need to pay attention to every single new item of this release.

6. tliving

tliving Member

I posted about 50 pictures of the new interface/updates on my blog here:

Tesla Firmware 8.0 Image Gallery - Tesla Living

I have a pre-AP "Classic" car so no images of AP. If you have anything else you'd like to hear about on 8.0 just let me know while you go through the painful wait.

• Like x 1
  7. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

I could probably figure it out, but since you know, how do you rename Trip A and Trip B?

8. tliving

tliving Member

You press on the blue text for the trip name and a little box pops up where you can enter something different. Similar to how you name your car.

9. theflyer

theflyer Member

@tliving - very cool and thanks for the tip on renaming. V8.0 just gets better and better the more I learn about it so I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival. I have AP and the upgrade will definitely improve safety margins on my commute. Definitely gonna add your blog to my feed reader. :)