Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about water ingress surrounding frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Today I power washed my 2021 Model 3 SR+ at a local auto wash and when I lifted the frunk lid after finishing I was shocked to see water and soap on the plastic surrounding the frunk. The frunk was dry however - the hefty seal around it definitely prevented any ingress. I removed the center plastic panel towards the cabin and was more surprised to see liquid on the 12v battery and inside the vent opening.

I would like to know if this is expected / normal for the car or if it's something I should have service take a look at? It doesn't seem right that the water goes onto all of the components nested below that main plastic panel there.

1.png

Thanks.

I noticed the same thing in my MY. It is normal, but much more visible in a Tesla. I didn't like it when I noticed it and am looking into a way to keep most of it out of there. I like that area being clean and pristine.
Also, if you look at how the water shedding from the windshield is channeled to either side, you'll notice it drops into a "cup" (for lack of a better term) that has a hole in it that drops the water down onto the shock assembly. Didn't like that either. At least on the MY.

Upvote 0