Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about when grid goes down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm somewhat new to solar since I've only had my system live for less than a month now, and thought I would ask people with far more experience that me.

I have a Tesla Powerwall 2 and a Enphase combiner with IQ7 micro-inverters on the panels.
The Powerwall is connected to the 10-breaker sub panel which covers most of the house.

The question I have is when there is a grid outage, I'm assuming that the solar panels will still charge the Powerwall but I'm assuming that everything that is NOT on the sub panel will not work, correct?

I'm somewhat new to solar since I've only had my system live for less than a month now, and thought I would ask people with far more experience that me.

I have a Tesla Powerwall 2 and a Enphase combiner with IQ7 micro-inverters on the panels.
The Powerwall is connected to the 10-breaker sub panel which covers most of the house.

The question I have is when there is a grid outage, I'm assuming that the solar panels will still charge the Powerwall but I'm assuming that everything that is NOT on the sub panel will not work, correct?
Correct.

• Helpful
Reactions: no2gates

Yes. And you can test it out by flipping off your main breaker