Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about when to pay for car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! This is my first post. I'm about to buy a Model 3 today, which should be delivered mid-next week. The sales rep I'm dealing with says that to start the delivery process, I have to sign the contract and pay in full before the car will be delivered. Is this how it has worked for most people - or do you pay the delivery people when the car shows up and is accepted? Thanks for any help!!

Here is how it worked for me. I handed them a personal check when I picked up the car.

If you are paying by a check, just bring the check when you pick up the car. I believe that payment in advance refers to arranging financing and not if you are paying entire purchase price at delivery.

Reactions: Bobbo8
Hello everyone. First post on this forum. Just ordered my Model 3 yesterday! I filled out the delivery location, registration, and trade-in, but still did not select a payment method. I'm probably going to finance it with my credit union, but I don't want to apply just yet as delivery is probably more than 30 days away. Do I just leave the payment method blank for now? Also, does anyone know how long it takes for them to display an estimated delivery time frame?

Thanks! Is there any reason anyone knows of not to pay by ACH (sort of a wire transfer)?? I'm in a different state than the dealer and they're saying that they need payment in advance to send it out of state. I guess I'm okay with that, but I've never done an ACH and don't know if there's any reason not to....

Thanks! Is there any reason anyone knows of not to pay by ACH (sort of a wire transfer)?? I'm in a different state than the dealer and they're saying that they need payment in advance to send it out of state. I guess I'm okay with that, but I've never done an ACH and don't know if there's any reason not to....

I did EFT for mine the end of March. Since it was hands free delivered to me, they requested payment up front, the day before. No issues. The website didn't have my credit union as a choice and I was unable to do online, so I had to call and give them the routing and account number.

Hello everyone. First post on this forum. Just ordered my Model 3 yesterday! I filled out the delivery location, registration, and trade-in, but still did not select a payment method. I'm probably going to finance it with my credit union, but I don't want to apply just yet as delivery is probably more than 30 days away. Do I just leave the payment method blank for now? Also, does anyone know how long it takes for them to display an estimated delivery time frame?

You may wish to consider the Tesla Financing. I tried my local Credit Union and Tesla was less. When I got my financing from Tesla in March it was 2.75% and I have been told that it may even be lower now.

You may wish to consider the Tesla Financing. I tried my local Credit Union and Tesla was less. When I got my financing from Tesla in March it was 2.75% and I have been told that it may even be lower now.

Just got a 2.49% rate from Tesla on a Model X ... can't complain about that; takes out any need to shop around, really.

Reactions: hcdavis3